THE FUTURE OF BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOFTWARE IS COLLABORATION
Without the right tools, data can be difficult to manage and use effectively across a company. Data analytics is no longer a siloed effort and teams must work together to generate insights from multiple business perspectives to drive growth.
This is where collaborative analytics steps into the spotlight. Data sharing, collective analysis and joint decision-making help analysts and other team members work together to achieve shared goals. Business Intelligence (BI) tools help to make sense of data, collaborate effectively across departments, and create actionable insights.
Business Intelligence platforms are built in the cloud, making it easy to log in and access data anywhere, and built so that data processes can be modified and updated at high speed. Whether it's a data pipeline or a dashboard for the team, users can collaborate in real-time.
There are a number of benefits in using BI tools.
- Centralized data: Business can collect data from numerous databases, portals, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and more. To make sense of everything, you'll need a BI tool to pool data together and deliver certain types of views (analytics, trends, etc.) based on queries or what you want to know for customers.
- Collaboration: Now, employees without Information Technology (IT) experience, can access and analyze data necessary for their respective teams. BI tools also have built in governance capabilities such as sharing settings and user access. Without proper data governance, organizations risk making bad decisions based on inaccurate data, violating regulations and/or losing customer trust.
- Evidence-Based Decisions: Predictive analytics and forecasting enable users to generate insights based on a product or service's performance history. If a business condition changes, the intelligent tools can automatically figure out the anomalies and you'll be able to react to disruptions as they arise.
- Reporting: Instead of inputting data manually in spreadsheets, BI tools are automated. Reports can be made around a service or tool over a certain time period. This information can be added to a presentation, and you can create interactive visualizations and download any charts or graphs you need.
- Sandbox Environments: Developers can mitigate risks of inaccurate or incomplete data with BI tools by creating a sandbox environment, an isolated virtual environment for testing and experimentation of data. Developers can test out new things and collaborate with coworkers. The sandbox is not exposed to end users, minimizing the risk of displaying inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Row Level Security: By enabling the display of identical deliverables to different teams, we ensure that users only see the data they need, preventing information leakage and reducing unnecessary noise from their insights. This approach also streamlines maintenance efforts, as it centralizes control within a single tool accessible to a single user base.
In any organization, seamless interdepartmental communication and data alignment are pivotal for ensuring smooth contract execution and operational efficiency. Operational teams must collaborate effectively with their corporate counterparts to harmonize back-office data with customer-facing reports. BI tools serve as vital solutions by providing a unified source of accurate data, facilitating communication, and boosting overall performance.
Navigating compatibility issues between different systems and software tools can be a common challenge when integrating and consolidating data outside of BI software. To overcome this challenge, organizations can proactively establish a flexible data warehouse structure tailored to their specific needs. This approach creates a customized data infrastructure independent of tools provided by platform vendors. This independence safeguards valuable data assets from the risk of being lost or rendered obsolete during transitions to different platforms or vendors. Additionally, it enables organizations to seamlessly merge data from various software and programs, fostering the generation of insightful, consolidated reports and analytics.
Below are some of the effective BI deliverables our teams have successfully utilized.
In resource management, organizations often face the intricate challenge of balancing resource demand with available capacity. This challenge can be especially pronounced when dealing with complex projects, numerous teams, and a variety of resources.
Enter our BI-powered resource management solution, which integrates seamlessly with project management software. This powerful tool serves as a notable change, offering organizations the ability to centralize and streamline resource management efforts. It empowers teams by providing a unified view of resource demand and capacity, which, in turn, allows for more efficient and informed decision-making. This agility enhances operational efficiency and project outcomes, making it a transformative alternative to manual processes.
In the realm of revenue forecasting, organizations encounter the formidable task of projecting their financial performance accurately. This challenge is particularly pronounced when financial data from project management software and accounting systems exists in isolation, leading to data fragmentation and complexity.
Much like its counterpart in resource management, our Revenue Forecasting tool not only enhances the data integration process but also offers invaluable insights. It efficiently encompasses both booked and potential work, equipping organizations with a nuanced understanding of their financial health. This integrated approach extends its focus to the portfolio monitored by our Business Development department, where growth strategies and opportunities can be identified and harnessed effectively. It streamlines data integration, enhances financial insights, and promotes data consistency. By empowering experts to contribute to reporting, it ensures that our revenue projections are reliable and responsive to dynamic market conditions, aligning with our commitment to data-driven excellence.
Record Mapping Capabilities
Our BI capabilities reach beyond our internal operations; we have also brought this capability to our external customers. One such instance involved a unique dataset challenge - a list of records with specific codes and locations. To make this data more accessible and informative, we harnessed BI software to develop a tool that transformed the dataset into an engaging and interactive format, mapping it onto a world map.
This transformation allowed our teams to monitor record locations effectively and gain insights into their distribution. Such operations were previously being done in various PowerPoint slides and hardcoded presentation visuals lacking dynamic dependency on the changing information within the shared spreadsheet. The interactive exploration capability proved invaluable in extracting insights not apparent in the original dataset. Additionally, the BI tool ensured data quality by offering robust data cleansing features.
We successfully delivered this solution, demonstrating our ability to leverage technology for enhanced data accessibility and insights, ultimately contributing to better performance for our clients.
Research and Development; Science and Technology Team
Latest News View All
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP EARNS ISO/IEC 20000-1 INTERNATIONAL SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFICATION FROM NSF INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC REGISTRATIONS JANUS Research Group (JANUS) has achieved ISO/IEC 20000-1 International Service Management System certification from NSF-ISR, an NSF company. (11/22/2023)
JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZES DAVE POLIZZOTTI WITH A JANUS RESEARCH GROUP ENERGY AWARD
JANUS Research Group (JANUS) is pleased to present Mr. Dave Polizzotti with an Energy Award for his work as on-site lead for the US Army's Futures Command (AFC), Futures and Concept Centers (FCC), Directorate of Concept's (DoC), Army Concepts Division (ACD).
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECEIVES 2023 HIRE VETS MEDALLION AWARD FROM THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR U.S. Acting Secretary of Labor Julie A. Su recognizes JANUS Research Group (JANUS) as one of the 859 recipients of the 2023 HIRE Vets Medallion Award during a virtual award ceremony presented by U.S. Department of Labor. (11/13/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZED AS MILITARY TIMES 2023 BEST FOR VETS EMPLOYER JANUS Research Group (JANUS) has been recognized as a Military Times 2023 Best for Vets Employer. (11/8/2023)