Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Serves as a Software Engineer responsible for the delineation of staff responsibilities related to combat development and provides information and decision briefs to PdM TCNO leadership. Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Determines operational feasibility by evaluation, analysis, problem definition, requirement validation, solution development, and solution proposals. Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes. Investigates problem areas. Follows the software development lifecycle. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures. Obtains software licenses from vendors, recommends purchases, and tests and products for approval. Protects operations by keeping information confidential. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues. Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Additional responsibilities include: Providing information and decision briefs to TCNO leadership and PdM/PM leadership. Managing software technical baselines and resolving technical baseline issues. Participates in COTS software evaluations, technical reviews, and supports the technical management processes. Provides technical advice to vendors to ensure program requirements are met prior to fielding.
Coordinates with other PEO stakeholders in matters associated with software and participates in subsystem and system testing. Supports formal testing and associated fielding, installation, and training activities.
Available to travel to represent PdM TCNO at conferences and meetings. Normal duration of travel is three to five days but can extend up to 45 days.
Software Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Technical writing experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Analyzing information
- General programming skills
- Software design
- Software debugging
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- Problem solving
- Software development fundamentals
- Software development process
- Software requirements
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java or C++, and object-oriented design skills
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle (conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"