Acquisition Program Specialist
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Serve as an Acquisition Program Specialist in support of Product Manager SATCOM, PM Tactical Network. Responsible for developing acquisition requirements packages (ARP) that includes, but is not limited, to the Performance Work Statement/Statement of Work (PWS/SOW), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL). Work with Army Contracting Command officials and will assist the APMs with shaping an effective acquisition strategy to meet mission needs. Responsible for understanding requirements and facilitating rapid implementation of solutions to meet the needs of the PdM SATCOM.
Plan, analyze, and evaluate procurement programs in order to manage the contractual aspects for the acquisition for highly complex major communications systems. Must have a broad knowledge of contract types which include: engineering and management services, research and development, production and product improvement. Requires an expert knowledge of procurement statutes and regulations, contracting methods, policies, procedures and contract types, pre and post award procurement actions. Provide advice and status of contracts to keep Product/Program Manager informed and up-to-date. Input contract data into the management information database. Advise the Project Manager of Source Selection Evaluation plans, criteria, and methodologies. Develop long range acquisition plans and strategies; make presentations; and respond to inquiries, protests, and congressional inquiries.
Work independently with minimal guidance provided by senior leadership. Additionally, possess a superior knowledge of Army Acquisition and Budget processes as demonstrated Acquisition experience.
- Knowledge of Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts and the fair opportunity process to award Task/Delivery Orders under multiple award IDIQ contracts
- Knowledge of the exceptions to the fair opportunity process and required documentation to support an exception is required
- Knowledge of various contract types to include Firm-Fixed-Price, Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee and Time and Materials, and conditions for use of such contracts is required
- Familiarity with use of IT tools to accomplish work efforts to include web-based tools such as SharePointExperience with development and review of Justification and Approval documents in accordance with the ACC guide for Other than Full and Open Competition
- Knowledge of Army Acquisition and Budget processes
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and AFARS
- Familiarity with use of IT tools to accomplish work efforts to include web-based tools such as SharePoint
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Travel: Less than 10%
Experience and Education:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent is required.
- Previous Contracting Officer Experience Desired
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"