Operational Architect (CFT)
JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Operational Architect to support the Army’s Position, Navigation & Timing Cross Functional Team (CFT) at Huntsville, AL. The Architect is the primary POC for architecture development and integration as the Army works to narrow capability gaps through user experimentation, assessments and technical demonstrations. This position aligns under the Architecture Integration and Management Division (AIMD), an element of the Futures Integration Directorate (FID) reporting to the Army Futures Command’s (AFC) Futures and Concepts Center.
- Identify and align requirements, derive system architecture and functional design, and identify associated risks to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply AFC/FCC’s strategy and outline systems architecture needed to support
- Consolidate current and planned future system architectures
- Configure and maintain architecture toolsets, integrate across Army Architecture portfolio
- Works closely with AIMD Data Stewards to maintain data dictionary and data lineage
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
Experience and Education:
- Five years’ experience in developing standards, policy, and governance for the development, storage, and exchange of Army capabilities/force development data
- Three years’ experience conducting analysis and experimentation in support of capabilities development activities (e.g., the NAG).
- Three years' experience providing support to Capabilities Development Functional Data Managers requirements with regards to standards, policies, and data exchange specifications.
- Documented experience in planning, coordinating, and carrying out enterprise architecture projects
- Documented experience developing the Capabilities Development Data Management Plan (CDDMP) for AFC (formerly ARCIC), AIMD, CDIDs, and NAG Charter members
- Seven years’ experience with building DODAF compliant architectures in Magic Draw.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical architecture analysis into high quality documents and presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Experience coordinating with diverse Subject Matter Experts and staffs (e.g., TRADOC, the Department of the Army (DA) staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense (DoD), Army Centers of Excellence (CoE)/Capability Development Integration Directorates (CDIDs)
- Anticipate 10-15% per year
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"