Strategic Initiatives Planner
Fort Bliss, TX
Serves as Strategic Initiatives Planner in the U.S. Army Joint Modernization Command. Conducts special analysis of issues related to a variety of required and/or available resources to carry out missions and functions in the areas of modernization, research, development, acquisition, testing, and evaluation of new Army organizational concepts and materiel capabilities. Work often requires a high level of interaction with staff assigned to the Department of the Army (DA), Army Major Commands, Battle Laboratories, Research Development and Engineering Centers (RDECs), private industry, and academia. Issues are typically controversial and highly visible to HQDA and major Army Commands.
1. Researches, reviews, and articulates the interaction between the capability development community, Future Concept Center (FCC), and the modernization community which has an impact on live experimentation and Army core capabilities. Assesses JMC’s plans and activities that impact on JMC facilities, organizations, and resources to include dollars, manpower, physical facilities, and capital equipment. Leads JMC initiatives that improve customer service, enhance stakeholder engagement, address stakeholder issues, and improve overall business processes and practices. Analyzes the effectiveness of various live experimentation processes and systems based on customer feedback and process analysis. Actively participates as a member on Integrated Planning Teams (IPTs) and may be assigned a major supporting role. Team recommendations address the entire experimentation strategy.Performs strategic planning to include projects within the context of the overall long-term goals and objectives of the organization. Reviews emerging personnel and business transformation policies from AFC, FCC, and organizational ability to perform its mission. As required, conducts comprehensive studies that typically involve developing new approaches to identify meaningful workload factors, performance quality levels, and accurate measurement techniques. Works with teams to recommend personnel and business transformation changes to implement OSD and DA policies and statutes. 30%
2. Independently leads and conducts complex research/analysis crossing multiple functional disciplines to assess and evaluate mission alternatives for inclusion in AMCOM strategic resourcing plans and studies. Evaluates and defends the full range of mission, organizational, and customer impacts of each alternative and presents recommendations to command levels. Develops and implements quantitative measurement methods to determine effectiveness of selected approaches and alternatives. Participates in analytical underpinning and problem resolution, recommendations, and strategies for resourcing major missions assigned for actions. Establishes and maintains frequent and substantive communication across the enterprise of U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command and translates enterprise needs into near and long range goals and objectives for JMC’s future business practices. 30%
3. Serves as analyst and advisor (either in a lead or support role) to the JMC Chief of Staff. Work typically requires a high level of interaction with Department of the Army (DA), Army Commands (ACOMs), Combatant Commands (COCOMs), Army Service Component Commands (ASCCs), Direct Reporting Units (DRU), and includes interaction and meetings with external offices and activities.Operates with minimal supervision in concert with other personnel within the Command, or participating in teams of functional and subordinate Command experts.Plans, coordinates, and provides guidance and direction, develops objectives and plans of action, establishes timelines, ensures commonality of effort, and integrates a final product.Ensures senior leadership is apprised throughout, and briefs results, findings and recommendations to Command leadership. 25%
4. Plans, develops, and leads initiatives and processes associated with program development and account management within JMC.Works with the leadership across the JMC to provide necessary account/customer support through data collection and analysis, market and financial analysis, survey tools, and report preparation. Provides initial assessments of opportunities for improvement. Presents formal oral and written survey/study reports to top JMC managers and the Command which, typically, include detailed discussions of controversial and critical findings and conclusions and the logic used in arriving at recommendations and actions necessary to implement proposed solutions. Develops and manages business processes that monitor customer service and satisfaction. Plans, conducts and analyzes various surveys to assess employee and organizational issues. Performs other duties as assigned.15%
- Required to have, or be eligible for, US SECRET
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- Former Army brigade, division, or corps planning or operations officer (Major or Lieutenant Colonel)
- U.S Army ILE graduate
- Experience creating strategic messaging and translating strategic vision into practical language and visual products
- Expertise in translating strategic concepts into MS Power Point briefings/placemats and presenting to general officers/flag officers.
- Ability to collaborate in a matrix type organization comprised of uniformed personnel, DA civilians, and government contractors
- Familiarization with Army organizational structure
- Competence with all MS Office software (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of SharePoint
- Familiarity with set up and use of audio and visual equipment
- Current U.S. Passport
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"