GAIT Network Engineer
Janus Research Group is seeking senior network engineers that will serve as senior-level person to perform the daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Network Service Center (NSC). The candidates fulfilling these functions must be fully knowledgeable in the tactical, worldwide global network from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective.
GAIT is a colorless (transport) MPLS network that connects each of the Army Regional Hub Nodes (RHNs), multiple DoD Teleports (SATCOM only), and other points of presence together in support of a global tactical network. This network will support training, contingency and operational missions on a global scale. GAIT will provide for the successful integration of processing equipment that solves a multi-phase convergence methodology: Transport Convergence phase 1 (Intelligence Convergence) and phase 2 (Telemedicine Convergence). It also provides the backhaul network for emerging requirements such as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) and En route Mission Command and Control (EMC2).
Each candidate must have excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills enough to assist and guide problems to resolution over the phone Excellent customer relations skills are also a must. All candidates should have a basic understanding of tactical satellite (TACSAT) equipment and understand its relationship to the greater network architecture.
The candidate should have commanding knowledge of the topics listed below or have the potential to master them in a reasonable timeframe.
- Create trunks (CCNA Voice)
- Build call managers (CCNP Voice)
- Create route patterns (CCNA Voice)
- Setup and operate the Voice Gateway Routers (VGR) (CCNP Voice)
- Understand call setup and call traffic flow (CCNP Voice)
- Load routers/switches IOS (CCNA R&S)
- Load configurations on router/switches (CCNA R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN) (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multicast (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand switch technologies (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Riverbed wide area network (WAN) accelerators
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Policy Based Routing (PBR) and Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand various SP technologies ie; MVPN, LDP, MP-BGP (CCNP SP)
Information Assurance (IA)
- Load IOSs on Cisco firewalls/IPSs (CCNA Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco firewall/IPS configurations (CCNP Security)
- Understand routing and traffic flows in the RHNs, and downrange assets (CCNP Security/CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco Security Manager (CSM) (CCNP Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto virtual firewalls
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto’s Panorama firewall management tool
- Set up and operate KG-175D model TACLANEs and/or similar encryption devices
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 (VMware VCP-DCV)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the various Netops applications, such as: SNMPc, Solarwinds ORION, Radius, and TACACS (Cisco ISE)
- Secret Clearance Required
Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree or a combination of education and experience directly related to the duties being performed.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"