Principal Network Engineer
Fort Gordon, GA
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance.
Position Overview: Design and implement network solutions to meet the needs on current and future missions.
- Defining and Configuring IP number schemes.
- Configuring various network nodes, such as switches and routers.
- Cable networking nodes together using existing infrastructure or make new cabling as needed.
- Integrate various vendor systems into network designs.
- Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Configure network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Evaluate services provided by vendors and vendor products.
- Manage and Configure enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DHCP, TACACS+, and VPN.
- Use network monitoring tools such as SNMPc and Solarwinds Orion to evaluate network performance and usage.
- Use software traffic generating tools such as IXCariot, MC Hammer, and JPERF to evaluate network stability and capacity.
- Plan and Install wireless network solutions using commercial equipment such as 802.11 nodes.
- Plan and Install wireless network solutions using existing or planned military equipment such as VHF/UHF Radios, Deployable SATCOM terminals, and tactical radio voice gateways.
- Install antenna systems and connect to existing antenna systems.
- Work with and evaluate systems designed to bring networking capabilities to the soldier and vehicle in the field and on the move.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Virtualization experience with VM Ware and VCenter preferred.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- CCNA Required (Either Routing and Switching/Security).
- CCNP Preferred (required after 6 months).
- Secret Clearance.
- 20% to 30% travel expected.
Experience and Education
- Five years experience or equivalent in the following areas: IP Networks, Subnetting, Network Security, COIP, Military Tactical Radios.
- 255N Military experience preferred.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"