Computer Aided Design Technician
Fort Belvoir, VA
Computer Aided Design Technician on assigned Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Headquarters (HQ) programs, with duties as identified below:
- Possesses and applies knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software (e.g. Solidworks, or Creo) for use in product development, reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, testing, and integration of Soldier Equipment.
- Possesses and applies relevant engineering experience to generate innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Possesses the ability to conduct precision physical measurements to develop and analyze physical and virtual models for completion and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of additive manufacturing (3d printing) equipment, with knowledge of current 3D printing processes, workflow, and associated technologies.
- Possesses and applies a working knowledge of the equipment carried and consumed by Soldiers in the conduct of tactical missions, Soldier and Squad Systems integration, and the DoD Systems Engineering Process to:
- Assist in the definition, development and maintenance of Soldier System configuration models, tools, and procedures for the Warrior Integration Site.
- Support technical evolution and proposed changes to current Soldier System configuration and ensure continuous documentation of baseline configuration changes.
- Mission-oriented with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Security Clearance: Secret
Experience and Education:
Technical (bachelor’s) Degree, and at least 5 years of experience in a related field
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"