Fort Belvoir, VA
Software Engineer on assigned Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Headquarters (HQ) programs, with duties as identified below:
- Serves as subject matter expert for all computer and software related aspects of assigned program.
- Performs engineering and scientific work involving the design, development, and operation of man portable computer systems, including hardware and software and their integration with other systems and peripherals.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical computer hardware and software design performance requirements for dismounted operations.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the computer specialist on assigned programs.
- Evaluates and conducts design efforts from a computational view point to ensure integration of all required computer related products and adequacy of the analyses.
- Prepare and reviews software related test plans, test procedures, software requirement and interface specification, software design document, test scripts and test reports on technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both government and contractor testing, as well as related failure reports. Reviews and evaluates system performance against computer related hardware and software specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Provides computer engineering development and coding support with extensive knowledge of 3rd and 4th Generation languages such as C, C++, JAVA, and Python.
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 and Android operating systems (Android 4.4 & 6.0), focused on the development and integration of dismounted Soldier related products for the mobile/handheld devices and support equipment.
- Prepares and evaluates computer hardware and software security strategies for requested programs.
- Extensive experience in software quality monitoring and software testing of embedded software in dismounted Soldier weapon and mission command systems.
- Extensive understanding of the DoD standards guiding the development of computer hardware and software policy, requirements, integration, engineering, and testing.
- Perform security, analyses and risk/vulnerability assessments of computer hardware and software.
- American Software Testing Qualification Board (ASTQB) software certification OR Certified Software Tester (CSTE) OR Certified Associated in Software Testing (CAST)
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Preferred Top Secret
Experience and Education:
- MS Computer Engineering or MS Computer Science or MS Software Engineering
- 20 years relevant experience
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"