Marine Corps Base-Quantico, VA
***This position is contingent upon award***
Experiment designer supporting the USMC Experimentation, Business and Operations Support Services (EBOSS II) contract, Quantico VA. The EBOSS II contract provides subject matter expertise, analysis and technical knowledge to include the application thereof and administrative services to the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory / Futures Directorate (MCWL/FD). MCWL/FD's mission is to identify future challenges and opportunities, develop warfighting concepts, and comprehensively explore options to inform the combat development process and to meet the challenges of the future operating environment on behalf of the Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration.
The experiment designer:
- Develops the analytic framework for all live force experiments to include: development of objectives, hypotheses, identification of required data for collection and methods of collection
- Coordinates with analysts to identify reports and ensure that the data collected will support post experiment analysis and assessment
- Develops Data Collection and Analysis Plans, data collection guides, and databases
- Serves as data collection manager at the experiment site to oversee execution of the Data Collection Plan.
Specific knowledge, skills, and experience include:
1. Military experience: Prior Marine Corps command (battalion or above preferred) or staff (regiment or above preferred) experience planning and conducting military operations.
2. Experimentation Process experience:
- Familiar with the experiment process and can mesh wargames, studies, modeling and simulation, technology assessments and live-force experiments into a synchronized and complimentary plan.
- Able to create a planning document that incorporates a hypothesis, objectives and methodologies to answer and achieve those goals with both objective and subjective data.
- Familiar with the requirements for live-force experiments to include personnel, ranges, facilities, funding, electro-magnetic spectrum authorizations and other support needed to execute operations in a field environment.
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- Accomplished briefer with strong writing ability
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or graduate of a Master's producing senior level military course of instruction
- 2.Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Fundamentals of Acquisition Management (ACQ 101) or an equivalent course
Clearance: Must have a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility/access
Travel: As required estimated 15% a year
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"