Cyber Security Specialist III
Fort Belvoir, VA
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments and plans and leads major assignments to:
- Assist on all matters relating to the vulnerabilities and threats to Information Technology (IT) Systems, National Security Systems (NSS), and Automated Information Systems (AIS).
- Implement the Defense (DOD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and assist to the System Security Manager (ISSM) ensure successful implementation of associated security controls and reviews all RMF documentation packages, and system fielding, operations, or upgrade requirements
- Assist Program Management Offices with Cybersecurity related Acquisition documentation requirements (i.e. Cybersecurity Strategies) and statutory/regulatory/policy compliance.
- Coordinate integration of Cybersecurity, COMSEC, and TEMPEST into the entire system life-cycle design, development, and deployment.
- Support maintenance of DOD Inspector General (IG) Cybersecurity Self-Assessment checklist compliance and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Implement audit measures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, participate in organizational inspections and surveys of computer systems, provide inspection results, and assess the adequacy of corrective actions taken.
- Advise on all complex and unique computer security systems, make recommendations on the approval of various computer operations based on security guidelines, and provide alternatives to managers to meet security requirements based on the unique needs of the organization and mission requirements.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, implementing and delivering a formal training and education program for computer and information security requirements and operation and maintenance of automated information systems in compliance with all applicable regulations and safeguards.
- Analyze the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of existing computer security programs that could benefit from group training and translate those needs into training and education media.
- Manage computer incident coordination and notification with the local Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and servicing Computer Emergency Response Teams.
- Generate reports of analyses and processes the information in accordance with program procedures.
- Provide technical input and writes documents to provide information, help prevent, and increase understanding of issues involved in computer security incidents including, but not limited to internal documentation, advisories, and technical documents.
- Assist with policy, programmatic, budget and doctrine issues associated with Cybersecurity within the organization, other U.S. Government agencies and other technical expert.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
Position Overview: Serve as a Cybersecurity Specialist III in support of PEO Soldier Headquarters.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Prefer Top Secret
Experience and Education:
- Subject Matter Expert for Cybersecurity and can lead cybersecurity efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
- 10 years progressive relevant experience (Cyber Security/Information Assurance), or
- A minimum BS Cybersecurity or Equivalent and 10 years relevant experience is required.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"