Systems Engineer III
Fort Belvoir, VA
Systems Engineer III on assigned Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Headquarters (HQ) programs, with duties as identified below:
- Manages systems engineering activities including requirements analyses, functional analyses, design solutions formulation, systems analysis and control, and generation and maintenance of systems architecture products.
- Applies system engineering principles and procedures to translate quantified needs/requirements into system performance parameters and the identification of system/item configuration.
- Formulates and issues systems engineering documents, processes, procedures and milestones.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the Systems Engineering Management Process and Implementation, as applied to the Department of Army/DOD Acquisition process throughout all life cycle phases; knowledge of DOD policies on Systems Engineering, Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD) and IPT Management; and ability to coordinate and negotiate design and engineering activities with other related programs and organizations.
- Provides expert and authoritative advice affecting critical programs and technologies.
- Serves as subject matter expert for all technical aspects of assigned program.
- Performs top level design, development, integration, testing, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements into practical system concepts and performance specifications.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings, system interface requirements, and engineering changes.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the project engineer and/or technical expert on assigned programs.
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level II Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE) certification.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Experience and Education:
- Subject Matter Expert for Systems Engineering and can lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
- A minimum BS Engineering and 10 years relevant experience is required.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"