Ft. Eustis, VA
JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer to support the Architecture Integration and Management Division (AIMD), an element of the Futures Integration Directorate (FID) reporting to the Army Futures Command’s (AFC) Futures and Concepts Center.
The Software Developer will operate and maintain all ArCADIE capabilities using COTS and GOTS applications and hardware, as applicable. ArCADIE operations and maintenance includes the architecture catalog, data warehouse/repository, embedded training/user help functions, work collaboration areas, software applications, license management, role management, single signon, ETL capabilities, federation capabilities, and MS SharePoint portal capabilities. Maintenance is defined as bug fixes, patches, software updates, installation of software, and application/content updates/changes to tools without changes to the underlying system architecture. Maintenance includes code changes, such as new functionality and capabilities. Provide support in technical discussions, troubleshooting problem areas, and carrying out corrective actions.
- Test software, provide test reports, and demonstrate successful operation and maintenance modifications of developed software.
- Maintain deployed systems and provide quarterly maintenance updates.
- Install software at operational sites and provide hands-on training to system users.
- Provide a user-friendly interface to add/change/delete/view data and provide database access controls to control user access and permissions.
- Ensure all software products comply with Gov't requirements and system performance meets expectations in an operational environment.
- Track individual metrics for all sub-tasks and include results in monthly reports.
- Adjust plans and/or strategies for emerging industry capabilities for architecture development, data storage, business intelligence, and data visualization.
- Develop and maintain a change management backlog to capture change requests. The backlog is used for tracking and prioritizing maintenance actions with resource constraints, including actions related to future enhancements, and new capability development consideration.
- Maintain monthly Operational Readiness status with a 98% system availability, excluding scheduled maintenance or extended periods based on needs.
- Secret Clearance
Experience and Education
- Three plus years’ experience in Agile Software Development Life Cycle processes.
- Three years’ experience as Requirements Analyst overseeing the implementation of a software system of systems portal consisting of a suite of highly complex interdependent and interconnected using Microsoft .NET/C# web applications.
- Three years' experience in leading Change Request/Bug Prioritization meetings and pre-deployment minor release demonstrations client’s decision makers.
- Three years’ experience in managing Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) including test cases, briefings, and communicating with development team based on users’ feedback.
- Three years’ experience in generating and deliver contract mandated deliverables: Software Requirements Specifications & System User Guide.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"