Operations Support Specialist
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS is currently seeking an Operations Support Specialist to support the United States Forces Korea (USFK), Assistant Chief of Staff, J2 (ACofS, J2) JIOC-K. Provide timely intelligence to Commander, USFK and Combined Forces Command, the combined battle staff, and war fighter component commanders. The JIOC-K's efforts focus on detecting enemy threats, managing intelligence, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) activities, analyzing enemy actions and information to determine enemy's probable courses of action. The overall analytic effort strengthens Defense Intelligence and provides relevant, timely, objective, and cogent all source Defense Intelligence to the Commander and other users, and transforming theater intelligence activities to better leverage the capabilities of the theater and global intelligence communities and safeguard United States personnel and interests within the Korea Theater of Operations (KTO).
- Provides Executive Administrative Assistant support to coordinate and assist on operational activities and functions for the division(s) or senior level office(s).
- Coordinate, schedule, update and maintain director and deputy director division calendars, schedule appointments, invitations, meetings and VTCs.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, recommend action to take or refer actions to the government as necessary.
- Draft and type correspondence, forms, staff summary sheets, memorandum, memorandum for the record, information papers, facts sheets, point papers, decision papers, and meeting minutes.
- Ensure decisions and actions requiring coordination are properly staffed, concurred with and approved.
- Maintain records and files, in accordance with regulations.
- Monitor, track, civilian and military awards and recognition, and security requests.
- Performs Intelligence RFI Validation Officer functions to include review, refinement, validation, assignment to appropriate internal and external customers, monitoring, and closeout.
- Maintain access to Defense Travel System (DTS), and assume the duties of a DTS reviewer of travel requests and claims, conferences and non DTS entry agent to recommend changes as needed.
- Provide guidance and assistance to travelers for preparing authorizations, local vouchers, vouchers and other travel documents; draft unavailable travelers' authorizations, local vouchers, travel vouchers, and other travel documents.
- Monitor for accuracy, update and submit changes to USFK J2's Manpower, Manning and Personnel (MM&P) database.
- Experience supporting military operations.
- Able to surge support during two exercises per year.
- Korean culture and language knowledge.
- CI / HUMINT experience.
- Familiar with the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) for Korea.
- Applicants must have an active DoD Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance. CI Polygraph eligible.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (additional years of relevant experience may substitute for degree).
- 4-6 years in an executive administrative role.
- Ability to work independently with moderate oversight.
- Experience providing comprehensive and completed products that may require multiple minor revisions and/or editing.
- Ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of local and remote teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with answering calls in a professional manner, taking coherent messages and ensuring messages are directed to appropriate party.
- Experience with handling multiple calls and personal situations that may arise all at once and determining prioritization.
- Experience with organizing responsibilities and daily tasks to ensure completion.
- Experience supporting various personnel of all levels within an office.
- Experience with Defense Travel System (DTS).
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"