Electronics Technician (ET) Subject Matter Expert
Job Title: Electronics Technician (ET) Subject Matter Expert
Date: January 2023
Reports to: Program Manager-NETC RRL
Subject Matter Experts are responsible for providing specific occupational knowledge to instructional systems teams leading to the successful development of training programs and curricula in support of customer and program objectives. Qualified candidates should be local to Norfolk, VA or surrounding areas to be considered for this position.
- Develop and oversee training products using a systematic approach, adult learning theories, learning technologies, and industry best practices for instructional design;
- Develop and oversee training curricula materials;
- Develop and oversee training assessments;
- Conduct needs analysis and assessments to determine the appropriate content;
- Select appropriate learning media to meet learning needs;
- Design, develop, and oversee Interactive Multimedia Instructional (IMI) products;
- Assess instructional effectiveness of course materials and analyze data to meet the needs of the learner and customer;
- Provide quality assurance for training products;
- Maintain accurate training product records and files;
- Develop reports and briefings;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Full-time (40 hours per week). Salaried. Exempt
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Formal education or the successful completion of Electronics Technician (ET) training and associated occupational specialties.
- Thoroughly competent in the specific subject for which materials are being developed as defined in a PWS or SOO.
- Experience or related experience in instructional presentation technologies, demonstrated practical experience in a specialty area, and sufficient related experience to qualify as a subject matter expert is required.
- “Secret” level security clearance.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills; expert in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise learning products;
- Ability to apply Integrated Learning Environment principles and guidelines for the design and development of training products.
- Ability to develop learning strategies, assessment strategies and author training products to close identified training gaps.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate directly with clients.
- Ability to manage a workflow.
- Suggest content topics, recommend the sequence for presenting topics, and recommend activities based on objectives.
- Verify and ensure the technical and operational accuracy of the subject content and the treatment of content in materials chosen or produced for the project.
- Assist in performance of the planning process.
- Work with and coordinate with other corporate personnel to perform assigned tasks.
- Consider the relationship of the subject undergoing development to other subjects in the program, making recommendations to enhance the situation.
- Point out elements in the content that may be difficult, confusing or that may be a likely area of trouble.
- Advise how long it takes to produce particular segments, what the better information sources are, and which techniques in resource books are good.
- Maintain a fresh, broad, and imaginative view of the subject and its applications.
Work Environment and Travel:
- This position is located at Surface Combat Systems Training Command (SCSTC) Dam Neck Naval Base, Virginia Beach, VA and Norfolk Naval Base, VA.
- Ability to lift items and/or equipment up to 50 lbs. on limited occasions.
- Travel up to 10% anticipated.
JANUS Research Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.