Senior Cloud Architect/Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Senior Cloud Architect/Engineer
Supporting PEO C3T
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
****CONTINGENT UPON AWARD************
CMMI - DEV ML3 | CMMI - SVC ML3 | ISO 9001 | ISO 20000 | ISO 27001
The position will provide direct cloud engineering support to the Army acquisition community throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Provide cybersecurity and architecture expertise for a modern cloud computing environment.
- Build new cloud-based environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Guide legacy systems migration to a modern platform and assisting with the adoption
- Design enterprise and systems security throughout the development life cycle; translate technology and environmental conditions into security designs and processes.
- Design and develop security requirements that mitigates risk while maintaining operational capability.
- Verify architecture against program requirements and goals. This includes participating in technical discussions, trade studies and working groups, and conducting research on industry best practices for potential implementation.
- Interface with program managers to explain security goals and mitigations relative to their priorities of cost and schedule.
- Evaluate and plan compute, network, storage and integrations of distributed applications on Cloud using custom applications, IaaS, DBaaS, PaaS services and COTS packages.
- Strong understanding of features and capabilities of Cloud Platform (Security, Firewalls, Redis Cache, Key Vault, Service Bus, Kafka/EventHub, ASR, Networking, OMS, Blob Storage, ADLS, Resource Groups, NSG, Application Insights, SQL Server, Sql DB, Load-Balancers).
- Design and implementation of security solutions using SSO, ADFS, Okta, Auth0 or similar IAM solutions across the network.
- Design and implementation of Event based architectures such as Kafka, Azure Event Hub or similar solutions.
- Design and implement data pipelines and workflows using ADF, NiFi, AirFlow, Logic Apps, or similar orchestration services.
- Design and implementation of Microservices, APIs and message-based integration solutions.
- Drive architecture, roadmap and technical discussion to lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance (such as GDPR), scale, performance, agility, HA/DR considerations.
- Configure and manage cloud environments of distributed applications and middleware.
- Ability to analyze systems and identify migration problems.
- Implement CI/CD based application development methodology using tools like Azure DevOps/Jenkins/TFS/GitHub/powershell.
- Work with product teams and service clients to ensure smooth and successful implementation, delivery and deployment of complex solutions.
- A bachelor's and/or master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- 6-8 years of experience architecting designing and delivering Integration Solutions on Azure or AWS cloud with Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures
- Hands-on programming experience using C#, Python, HTML5/JS, Microsoft .NET/.NET Core framework
- Technical skills and strong technical delivery of complex projects through a proven methodology such as MOF, Agile, ITIL, TOGAF or similar project approaches
- Design documentation skills with knowledge of UML convention for detailed software design including architecture diagrams, data models, data flows
- Experience using Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio, MSSQL management studio, or similar tools
- 3+ years of experience of using agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal and strong team-building skills
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle from design, development, testing, integration, deployment and support
- Experience on code quality review, end to end integration testing, performance testing and tuning
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Active Secret DoD Clearance, Top Secret desired, if none, the ability to obtain.
- U.S. Citizen
- 10+ years of Technical Architect and Team Leadership experience
- Big Data (e.g., Hadoop, NiFi, Spark, PySpark, Dask, etc.)
- Experience in application migration
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Red Hat Certified Architect