Senior Software Developer
Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is currently seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer to join our team at Ft. Eustis, VA.
Compensation aligned to years of experience.
Must have active Secret clearance.
Security+ certification is required.
The Software Developer will develop and maintain web application System of Systems (SoS) capabilities using COTS and GOTS software and hardware, as applicable. SoS development work includes maintenance of .NET web forms applications, migration of legacy .NET technologies to contemporary frameworks, development of services and features in an MVC architecture, data warehousing and ETL, and leveraging APIs for federated data systems.
The developer will apply bug fixes and updates to existing applications as well as implement new features as planned in support of scheduled releases. Additionally, the developer will provide support in technical discussions and troubleshooting expertise in support of SoS application.
- Plan and successfully deploy software releases.
- Develop performant web application software as a member of an Agile team using the Scrum framework.
- Diagnose software issues and defects, report on and implement corrective actions.
- Utilize issue tracking and knowledge management processes and software to track work across sprints and application releases.
- Collaborate and coordinate with team leadership in the planning and execution of development work.
- Communicate effectively with management team and stakeholders.
- Coordinate with junior software developers as well as the business analyst and quality teams.
Experience and Education
Web application development using Microsoft technologies (e.g., .NET 4.X+ Framework (Web Forms, MVC, Web API), SQL Server, Windows Server).
Experience with Agile development experience that includes CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab) and version control software (e.g., Git, SVN, TFS).
Experience with development using cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology