The Software Developer will develop and enhance all System of System (SoS) capabilities using COTS and GOTS applications and hardware, as applicable. SoS development includes the architecture catalog, data warehouse/repository, embedded training/user help functions, work collaboration areas, software applications, license management, role management, single sign-on, ETL capabilities, federation capabilities, and MS SharePoint portal capabilities.
Maintenance is defined as bug fixes, patches, software updates, installation of software, and application/content updates/changes to tools without changes to the underlying system architecture. Maintenance includes code changes, such as new functionality and capabilities. Provide support in technical discussions, troubleshooting problem areas, and carrying out corrective actions.
- Research, designs, and develops computer and network software or specialized utility programs
- Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Updates software or enhances existing software capabilities
- Works with systems engineers to integrate hardware and software systems and develop specifications and performance requirements
- Maintains databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team
- 4-6 years of Agile software development to writing and completing include epics, stories, acceptance testing, automated builds, continuous integration, unit testing, etc.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain/maintain an active security clearance and Common Access Card (CAC)