Future Warfare Military Analyst
Fort Eustis, VA
Supporting Futures and Concepts Center, Future Warfare Division
Integration and Analysis Branch throughout the design and execution of the Future Study Program (FSP). Analyst support will vary based on event design and includes:
- Development of learning demands, study issues, and EEAs in support of the FSP.
- Quantitative / qualitative analysis and visualization.
- Maintaining a holistic understanding of FSP learning demands as approved by FWD leadership.
- Assisting in the development of the analytical collection plan to collect information pertaining to learning demands and EEAs.
- Research and data mining to address specific leadership questions and directives.
- Coordination with Government analytical and assessment organizations such as The Research and Analysis Center (TRAC), the Center for Army Analysis (CAA), the Data and Analysis Center (DAC), and other organizations conducting experimentation relative to FSP.
- Coordination with FSP event facilitators and focus group/work group leads to develop methods to address areas of analysis.
- Development of quantitative and qualitative analytical reports, highlighting key analytical insights and themes.
- Train on all aspects of the collection plan and be familiar with the model and/or simulations used in support of an FWD event.
Specific knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research methods across a variety of categories and methodologies (e.g., experimentation, grounded theory, interviews, surveys, focus groups, codesign, concept testing).
- Experience in conducting data analysis; identifying data sources, collecting data, analyzing data, interpreting data, and extracting data for visualization and reports.
- iii. Preferred experience working with senior General Officer (GO)/Flag Officer (FO) / Senior Executive
- Service (SES) officials.
- Preferred experience working in Joint and Army Command headquarters in positions such as, but not limited to Operational Research Systems Analyst, Career Program 36 (Analysis, Modeling, and Simulation), Army Strategist, or Career Program 60 (Strategic Planning and Foreign Affairs).
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred experience in Army and / or Joint war gaming.
- Bachelor's degree
- Clearance: Secret
- 3+ years of analytical study experience.
- Successful completion of Army CGSC or service equivalent.
- 20 years Defense-related experience.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of analytical study experience.
- As required estimated 10-15% a year