Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer
The Cyber Security Engineer with a focus on Army Endpoint Security System (AESS) is responsible for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of security controls in accordance with the AIMD guidance and Department of Defense (DoD) policies. CSE provides cybersecurity guidance, oversight, and expertise, and research, develop, implement, test and review an organization's cybersecurity posture in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. ISSOs coordinate, facilitate, and ensure certain activities are being performed. As a result, it is important for CSE to build relationships with the Cybersecurity Manager, technical staff, and other stakeholders.
Qualifications: Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) shall:
- Security Clearance: obtain and maintain TS with SCI eligibility.
- IAWF / CSWF: DoD 8570.
- CASP+CE, CISSP, CISM, desired (IAT III / IAM II / III) position
- Experience: a minimum of five (5) years’ supporting DoD systems accreditation, certification, and authorization processes (e.g. DIACAP, RMF); assessing & mitigating risk in information systems; performing compliance auditing of information systems; developing and maintaining DoD information systems accreditation documentation; coordinating & leading configuration control board activities.
- Experience with Cloud deployments (Azure or AWS)
- Proficiencies: assessing & mitigating risk in information systems; DoD systems accreditation, certification, and authorization processes; RMF; eMASS; and collaborative team leading.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Duties:
- Implement AESSS compliance strategy.
- Familiar with Endpoint Security OPORDS/TASKORDS and Government requirements.
- Troubleshoot AESS product issues and outages.
- Administer ePO tree structure management to include sub-containers and tagging.
- Verify endpoints have current AESS versions.
- Verify endpoints have current content versions.
- Verify endpoint communication to ePO server.
- Establish and maintain Rogue System Detection (RSD) subnet coverage.
- Administer policy catalog management
- Coordinate authorized scheduled interruptions details and planning as needed.
- Identify blocks relating to HIPS/ENS.
- Identify endpoint sorting issues.
- Identify module or content download errors.
- Identify SADR issues
- Collect and provide logs.
- Maintain system updates and AESS STIG compliance.
- Resolve McAffe agent issues and connectivity issues
- Maintain the ePO server (automated tasks, task scheduler, etc.).
Defense Authorization Oversi