Help Desk Support Specialist - Tier 1
Fort Eustis, VA
EMS ATIS – Help Desk Support Specialist - Intermediate (Tier 1)
Location: Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is seeking an Intermediate Help Desk Support Specialist to join our Tier 1 team responsible for the successful operations and continued performance supporting and operating the U.S. Army’s Enterprise Management System (EMS) component of the Army Training Information System (ATIS). ATIS provides the underlying infrastructure to manage and deliver standardized training to Soldiers and other learners. The ATIS program designs, tests, implements, operates, and sustains an enterprise ATIS that provides a common operational picture of the training environment through integrated, interoperable training development, management, scheduling, and delivery capabilities. ATIS enables Commanders, leaders, Soldiers, and civilians to understand, visualize, describe, direct, lead, and assess training requirements to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training. ATIS also provides the institutional, organizational and self-development Army training domains to manage individual and collective training and education requirements.
- Provide Tier 1 Help Desk shift lead support and Incident Management including the receipt, categorizing, handling, and disposition of all requests for service from users.
- Support establishing new accounts and password maintenance.
- Act as initial point of contact for service requests received at this support level.
- Complete preliminary assessment and resolved if within the technician’s realm of knowledge using troubleshooting checklists and established knowledge-based processes.
- Normally the incident is elevated to the applicable Tier II Help Desk if not resolved within 15 minutes of receipt of the incident.
- Support computer and application issues associated with computers, software, and hardware.
- Route tickets to appropriate teams for resolution based on incident category and severity.
- Assistance available from this tier will be of the low to medium level for both software and hardware incidents.
- Service desk is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 5+ years’ experience providing service desk / helpdesk support to end-users for PC, client OS, applications, and hardware.
- Have experience working with the United States military is highly desired.
- A United States Citizenship and an active T3 investigation is required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a management or technical discipline is desired.