Fort Eustis, VA
- Provide analysis through meaningful contribution and technical oversight to support standards compliance, ensuring the requirements and framing analysis, study directives, facts, constraints, limitations, assumptions, cost factors, and conclusions supported by sound analysis.
- Serve as the lead analyst in the conduct of C-BA in support of the development of Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Capability Production Documents (CPDs), and Force Design Updates (FDUs).
- Lead the development of the C-BA methodology, data collection, analysis execution, the documentation of assigned analyses in a report, and follow the eight-step approach outlined in the U.S. Army C-BA Guide and ARCIC C-BA process chart.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis, reporting, and documenting the results of the analysis and provide final recommendations in an analysis report that determines:
- The relative costs versus benefits of different support strategies.
- Methods and rationale used to quantify benefits and costs.
- The impact and value of Performance/Cost/Schedule/Sustainment tradeoffs.
- Sensitivity of the data to change.
- Analysis and classification of risks.
- A recommendation and summary of the implementation plan for proceeding with the best value alternative.
- Analysis of C-BAs, BCAs, and AoAs to ensure that the conclusions, facts, assumptions, costs of an initiative, and recommended solutions used by Army senior leaders and other decision makers, are supported by sound analysis, in compliance with TRADOC, Army, and Department of Defense analysis standards and ensure that analytical results are presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Staff and Present Analysis to ARCIC, CDIDs, and senior leaders producing presentation briefs, executive summaries, and meeting minutes; consolidating responses into one matrix; and disseminating decisions.
- Development of Analytic Best Practice policy and guidance in the conduct of C-BAs, BCAs, and AoAs in support of ARCIC and the CDIDs at TRADOC's CoEs. Identify and provide recommendations to areas where policy and procedures need to be written, updated, or where SOPs need to be produced. Recommendations in preparation for Milestone Development Decisions
- Input into Army Cost Management (ACM) Portal analytic reports and products, in order to provide ARCIC Divisions and CDIDs access to key studies and analysis results.
Experience and Education:
- Degree in Operations Research, or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus or equivalent (desired).
- Expertise developed through participation in C-BA, BCA, or AoA analyses methods in order to provide quality oversight of multiple analysis projects simultaneously.
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of training in any combination of capability based planning, capability development, cost analysis, or operations research, annually.
- Experience with assessing COA trade-offs
- Experience developing confidence level estimates for the cost data ensuring the costs consider the savings or expense of any displaced systems.
- Experience analyzing C-BAs to ensure facts, constraints, limitations, assumptions, cost factors, and conclusions of an initiative are supported by sound analysis.
- Experience with FDU C-Bas reflection analysis that resulted from considering alternative options
- Experience with ACAT II and ACAT III AoAs
- Experience with:
- The development of the AoA cost methodology.
- Data collection and analysis execution.
- The conduct of detailed analysis assessments (AA) resulting in an AoA sufficiency of assigned analyses in a report.
- Experience with analysis and performance of Business Case Analysis (BCA) including documentation of alternatives and resulting impact on stakeholders
Location is Fort Eustis with travel