The candidate will develop and maintain the Wildland Urban Interface Mitigation Framework (WUI-MF). The framework will enable development of localized versions of wildfire mitigation applications across different delivery modalities such as mobile and head mounted displays. The candidate will work on an exemplar application for Boise Fire Department using a User Centered Design approach. The candidate will work on creating Augmented Reality visualizations and Machine Learning algorithms to assist application users with identifying mitigations.
The candidate will work on a team following scrum agile development approach to iteratively develop the framework and exemplar application implementing features and fixing bugs in support of public safety community. Technologies involved in the project include c#, tensorflow, Unity3d, python, Jupyter Notebooks, iPhone, HoloLens The candidate will provide support in technical discussions and provide mentorship to more junior developers.
- Develop Mitigation Framework using Template Methods to create default behaviors and allow for inversion of control.
- Develop Exemplar Application(s) using Mitigation Framework and other technologies
- Utilize issue tracking and knowledge management processes and software to track work across sprints and application releases.
- Collaborate and coordinate with team leadership in the planning and execution of development work.
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar; or 5+ years relevant experience.
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years Unity 3D application development experience using c#
- 1+ years Machine Learning experience with technologies such as tensor flow, juypter notebooks,
- 2+ years Agile development experience that includes exposure to tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT