Senior Business Analyst
Fort Eustis, VA
The Senior Business/Systems Analyst will primarily support the software development team with concentration on analysis and customer/product owner interaction related to existing and future Government systems. The successful candidate will utilize human centered design strategies as part of the completion of work assignments as they gather requirements, design/develop implementation recommendations, perform research and analysis, support the user experience, and create deliverables to the client. Examples of BA tasks to include the following: Course of Action briefs, use cases, test cases, user guides, online help files, and the facilitation of client meeting and client relationship management.
- Requirements elicitation, conception, design, and development.
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts and senior-level clients eliciting and defining requirements, modeling relationships between them, reusing requirements, and export/import requirements data for creating documentation.
- Requirements management planning, managing the relationships between requirements, analyzing the impact of any changes and/or managing governance of same.
- Support the implementation of changes to a web-based ‘system of systems’ portal consisting of a suite of highly complex interdependent and interconnected Microsoft .NET/C# web applications.
- Apply understanding of client mission and needs to develop high-quality solutions that meets client expectations within an Agile Framework.
- Support software release pre-deployment demonstration meetings with the client’s senior leadership as part of the larger change management effort.
- Support Government Acceptance Testing including test cases, briefings, and communicating with development team based on users’ feedback.
- Ability to use effective leadership and communication skills to influence others, gain agreement, and share abstract concepts.
- Familiarity with some form of visual modeling i.e. Axure RP to ensure users have a clear understanding of processes and rules and can communicate these to other stakeholders or developers.
- Use graphical tools and reports, interactive flows and simulations, dashboards, storyboards, and functionality for graphical models like UML or SysML models.
- Assist in the development of various types of reports relating to standards and guides.
- Perform extensive research and present findings via Course of Action (COA) presentations or PowerPoint slides.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain an active Security Clearance.
Experience and Education
- 6-8 years of experience with requirements solicitation and stakeholder interaction.
- Ability to mitigate risks when requirements, people, decisions, and timelines shift during a project.
- Requirements traceability and impact analysis to include the ability to run test cases.
- Understanding of relational data models and database structure is a plus.
- DoDAF familiarity is a plus.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, Operational Architecture, Data Architecture, Software Architecture, Business Process Reengineering, Data Modeling, Process Modeling is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile development paradigm – epic, feature, user stories, test cases - with associated tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of human-centered design is a plus.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools: DOORs, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Jama, Power BI, IBM Rational, Modern Requirements (Azure DevOPS) is desired.
- Prior experience utilizing other tools for brainstorming or design: MS Visio, Mind Manager, MagicDraw, Text2MindMap, Mindmeister is a plus.
- Self-motivated, driven, independent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.