Fort Eustis, VA
As a Database Architect you will be responsible for analyzing, creating, manipulating, and organizing database systems. You will consolidate customer data to make it easily accessible and readable to users throughout their community. Work closely with development team to update database storage, troubleshoot technical issues, and create visual layouts to display data.
- Achieves organizational goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support applications, platforms, and databases.
- Maintains database by determining structural requirements and developing and installing solutions.
- Ensures security of all information and computer systems and digital data.
- Studies organizational mission, goals, and business drivers, and confers with senior management to understand information requirements.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements, studying business operations and user-interface requirements, and directing development of physical database.
- Determines platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Ensures adherence to government regulations and guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data.
- Properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability.
- Compare and analyze provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships, and problems.
- Prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data.
- Design computer code using various languages to improve and update software and applications.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology.
- A master’s degree can serve as a substitute for some experience.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain an active Security Clearance.
Experience and Education
- 10 years of database experience experience.
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies.
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills when meeting with and interviewing customers.
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.
- Experience as a software developer or data architect or in a data management role.
- Experience with software network design and implementation.