Coordinator of Bids and Proposals
The Coordinator of Bids & Proposals (B&P) will be the immediate assistant to the Vice President of Business Development for all matters in business development, capture, and proposal efforts and aid in leading a successful corporate-wide team for current and expanding marketspaces in four business units across JANUS Research Group. This individual will field procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals at all stages. In this role, the Coordinator of Bids & Proposals will work with cross-functional proposal team members to directly respond to or assist others in responding to Sources Sought (SS) Notices, Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), and provide ad hoc support to the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
The Coordinator of B&P will, on day one, be the SharePoint Administrator and Subject Matter Expert charged with coordinating B&P documentation and data employment accessibility improvements to JANUS’ B&P SharePoint environment under the guidance of the Vice President of Business Development and of leadership within the company to generate a way forward.
The Coordinator B&P position involves heavy researching, executive-level and technical writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation on behalf of JANUS in support of an array of our offering, products, and partnerships. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including, Program Management, Business Development, Business Unit leads, and JANUS SMEs across the globe, as needed - and thus, is a highly visible role. The ability to effectively enculturate oneself into the JANUS team and communicate with authority immediately is critical to hire.
The Coordinator of B&P must have proven and formidable writing skills, attention to detail, Microsoft Word mastery, and the aptitude to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively using Microsoft Teams and other distance-collaboration methods.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and a multitasker who works well under pressure and follows through on tasks. Additionally, the successful candidate will be willing and able to travel for training, as well as for work on occasion; work late nights and weekends during B&P surge times; and manage multiple B&P simultaneously.
JANUS is looking for a strong team member who leads by example and keeps the team informed of all changes without reservation. This will be a demanding, yet rewarding, career.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator of Bids & Proposals include direct action and/or supporting the Director of Proposals in the following:
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the Bids and Proposals team under direction of the Vice President of Business Development.
- Lead SharePoint improvement initiatives related to B&P documentation, archival, organization, and processes.
- Analyze SS, RFI, RFQs, RFSs, and RFPs (among other requirement documents) to create proposal outlines and schedules, tasking orders, and colored team plans.
- Assist Capture Leads in creation and presentation of all proposal kickoff and debrief meetings.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development.
- Plan winning themes, value propositions, strengths, risk reducers, and differentiated solutions to initial proposal outline.
- Work closely with JANUS program managers, capture leads, Business Unit leads, and SMEs to complete the formulation of “win strategies and themes” (taking into account strategic relationships, competitor intelligence, etc.) and ensure the message is articulated throughout the proposal.
- Facilitate multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing solutions to key aspects of the proposal providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions.
- Solicit management reviews and approvals during proposal development.
- Collate all proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements throughout all stages from ideation to delivery.
- Support the creation and updating of B&P opportunities pipeline.
- Support the creation of B&P budget analysis tool with JANUS HR and Finance for timesheet logging and analysis.
- Lead and/or support the development and submission of winning bid responses by working with the Bids team, internal experts, and contractors, as required.
- Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials.
- Maintain, augment, and improve a library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids.
- Inform strategy research performed by JANUS’ Business Development team.
- Contribute to technical and summary writing duties directly.
- Provide writing guidance to authors of the proposal deliverables, volume leads, and capture leads to ensure proposals are clear and concise.
- Strong aptitude for improving organization, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of engineering intensive proposal writing, to include single-voice editing and desk-top publishing.
- Debrief teams after proposal submittal.
- Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics,
- Facilitate a retrospective assessment on proposals, and refine future proposal strategies, process, templates and training.
- Ensure JANUS’ digital B&P assets and data are well organized, accessible, and employable on Sharepoint.
Experience and Education
- 7+ years' experience in Department of Defense / Aerospace Industry experience
- Expertise in SharePoint
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite of products to mastery of Microsoft Word
- Proven ability to work across organizations with effective communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment remotely