System Engineer II - PEO Soldier
Fort Belvoir, VA
Job Summary: PEO Soldier has identified a need for an on-site contractor Systems Engineer providing Systems Engineering (SE) management and operational support to the PEO Soldier Engineering Directorate. The position will focus on maturing our linkage and alignment of SE efforts to the PEO Soldier acquisition programs and products. A demonstrated knowledge of SE processes is crucial as PEO Soldier moves towards the Soldier as an Integrated Weapons System/Squad as an Integrated Combat Platform construct. Additional work will be in support of our Close Combat Integration Enterprise (CCIE) initiatives for the Cross Functional Teams (CFT) within the Army Futures Command (AFC).
Announcement Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Full Time
Base Location: Ft Belvoir, VA
Travel Percentage: Domestic travel on a semi-annual basis may be required
Security Clearance: SECRET
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide PEO staff level SE support to the HQs staff and Project Manager, Project Director, and Product Manager shops.
- Support the discussion/fact gathering/course of action development to address SE/integration issues in concert with Soldier stakeholders through the use of the Adaptive Squad Architecture (ASA), Soldier Integration Facility (SIF) or other integration venues/events.
- Evaluate SE practices and procedures within acquisition documents such as Capability Production Documents (CPD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), Simplified Acquisition Management Plans (SAMP), Value Engineering Change Proposals (VECP), etc.
- Professionally represent and convey interests and mission objectives of the Command through oral and written communications and through participation and leadership in relevant IWGs/IPTs, meetings, and conferences; generate EXSUMs conveying interaction summary in order to contribute to the resolution of system engineering/integration issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide regular updates on related tasks, issues and concerns utilizing PEO Soldier reports, periodic Staff updates, or as needed/required for each PMO.
- Represent the Engineering Directorate as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications & Qualifications
- Recent SE experience (Required)
- Recent experience within Department of Army organization (Desired)
- An understanding of the Soldier platform concept to include Intra Soldier Wireless (ISW), Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (A-PNT) and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) (Desired)
- Ability to network both internally and externally within the Close Combat Integration Enterprise (Desired)
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, both oral and written (Desired)
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction often under short time suspenses (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required) and use of relational databases (Desired)
- Value Engineering knowledge (Desired)