JMC- Space Operations Subject Matter Expert
Fort Bliss, TX
***This position is contingent upon award***
Performs as the Subject Matter Expert and advisor to the Commanding General and staff regarding the conduct of space operations in support of two large-scale Joint/Multinational live experiments each year: (1) The Chief of Staff of the Army's annual Joint Warfighting Assessment (JWA), aimed at improving Joint readiness, Joint and Multinational interoperability, and assessing the effectiveness and value of new organizational concepts and materiel capabilities under conditions of Multi-Domain Operations (2) PROJECT CONVERGENCE, the Army Futures Command’s premier force modernization experiment aimed at integrating, employing, and assessing new Army/Joint warfighting systems emerging from the Army’s CFTs, CDIDs, DARPA, Joint Services, and other agencies; assists in acquiring and integrating space assets/forces into CJTF organizations and assessing the effectiveness of space operations through the course of the experiments; coordinates with U.S. Space Command and its Subordinate Components to acquire the necessary space assets/forces to achieve experiment objectives. During execution of experiments, assists in forming space operations assessment teams, supervises the collection of observations, and develops recommendations based on observations aimed at improving the employment of space assets/forces in support of Multi-Domain operations.
Specific knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- 10-15 years service and experience as a Space Operations Officer within U.S. Space Command or former Space commands within the Air Force, Navy, or Army services.
- Expertise in planning and executing offensive and defensive space operations at the Combatant Command/CJTF level
- Established relationships within the community of expertise (U.S. Space Command,
- Knowledge and experience with Joint exercise planning, execution, and assessment at CJTF level
- Experienced and skilled facilitator, briefer, and presenter of analytical results (written or orally) to General Officer/Flag Officer leadership (Army, other Service, and Joint)
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Required to have a US Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Service Command and Staff College Graduate
- Joint Professional Military Education Level 2 or Joint Staff Officer
- 3+ years of experience developing and presenting papers/briefings to General Officers/Flag Officers
- 3+ years of experience assessing the performance of combat organizations and systems using the Doctrine, Organization, Training, Material, Leadership Personnel, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) framework.
- Master’s degree
- Senior Service College Graduate
- Service on the staff of USINDOPACOM,USEUCOM-AFRICA, staffs of Subordinate Joint Components within these combatant commands, or a CJTF.
- As required estimated 10-15% a year, both CONUS and OCONUS