SMDC Certification-SATCOM System Specialist
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and follow through with requirements needing minimal guidance or supervision. He or she must be able to adjust to emergency situations and changing priorities while remaining composed and effective under the pressure. Heavy workloads, time sensitive demands, and/or changing conditions are normal in this position. The successful candidate will be able to easily handle these complexities, while remaining tactful, diplomatic, considerate of the views of others, and effective as a team player.
- Establish and execute assigned tasks to support the coordination and verification of SMDC Wideband Satellite Terminal certifications.
- Establish and execute assigned tasks to support the coordination and verification of SMDC Wideband Satellite Modem certified terminals type designators and nomenclature assignments.
- Use Strong analytical skills with the ability to examine system nomenclatures for proper or improper type designations.
- Experience to provide advanced troubleshooting assistance in concert with terminal vendors and ILS Managers to accomplish SMDC certification nomenclatures of all PM Tactical Networks SATCOM systems and equipment under certification.
- Evaluation and analysis SMDC certification terminal Type designator requirements, and follow through with component, terminal, modem vendors to coordinate input to ILS systems (ie. DD61).
- Maintain new certification timelines and track to give updated status to the appropriate leadership channels within the PM.
- Evaluate terminal and modem naming conventions, analyze, and forward analysis/resolutions to program managers.
- Coordinate all documentation prepared by vendors for submittal to SMDC for terminal and modem certifications with respect to naming conventions.
- Meticulously maintain the inputs and updates to the Satellite Data Base (SDB) data to FORSCOM for certified satellite terminals.
- Comply with defined security policies and procedures
- Monitor the SMDC/PM Tactical relationship and provide input to refine and evolve the expediency of the certification process.
- Meticulously maintain documentation by inputting data into SharePoint sites provided or storage systems for all SMDC Certification activities.
- Support vendors and in house personnel providing troubleshooting and issue resolution assistance in helpful responsive manner with regard to certification processes and requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the resolution of all issues and problems reported
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is desired but not required.
- Procurement and preferably DoD ILS logistics experience.
- Accredited Technical School or courses for project management.
- 5 or more years of procurement experience with Wideband satellite communications systems, preferably in a DoD environment.
- 5 years or more experience in Satellite Communications Terminal procurement and acquisition.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS-Teams, Outlook
- Current U.S. SECRET clearance required (IT-I)