SMDC Certifications-SATCOM Technician
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and follow through with requirements needing minimal guidance or supervision. He or she must be able to adjust to emergency situations and changing priorities while remaining composed and effective under the pressure. Heavy workloads, time sensitive demands, and/or changing conditions are normal in this position. The successful candidate will be able to easily handle these complexities, while remaining tactful, diplomatic, considerate of the views of others, and effective as a team player.
- Establish and execute assigned tasks to support the coordination and verification of SMDC Wideband Satellite Terminal Certification testing and test results through all phases of the approval process.
- Establish and execute assigned tasks to support the coordination and verification of SMDC Wideband Satellite Modem Certification testing and test results through all phases of the approval process.
- Use Strong analytical skills with the ability to examine system configurations for proper or improper configuration
- Experience to provide advanced troubleshooting assistance in concert with terminal vendors and to accomplish SMDC certification requirements of all PM Tactical Networks systems and equipment under test.
- Evaluation and analysis SMDC certification test results, interpret requirements, and follow through with component, terminal, and modem vendors.
- Maintain SMDC terminal and modem certification timelines and track to give updated status to the appropriate leadership channels within the PM.
- Evaluate terminal and modem performance issues including Transmit and Receive system components and forward analysis to program managers for resolutions.
- Coordinate all documentation prepared by vendors for submittal to SMDC for terminal and modem certifications.
- Meticulously maintain documentation by inputting data into SharePoint sites provided or storage systems for all NIST FIPS 140-2 Security certifications for satellite modems.
- Comply with defined security policies and procedures
- Monitor the SMDC/PM Tactical relationship and provide input to refine and evolve the expediency of the certification process.
- Meticulously maintain documentation by inputting data into SharePoint sites provided or storage systems for all SMDC Certification activities.
- Support vendors and in house personnel providing troubleshooting and issue resolution assistance in helpful responsive manner with regard to testing activities.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the resolution of all issues and problems reported
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is desired but not required.
- SMDC Terminal and Modem Certification direct testing experience.
- Accredited Technical School or courses for Satellite Communications.
- 5 or more years of technical experience with SMDC Wideband satellite systems, preferably in a DoD environment.
- 5 years or more experience in Satellite Communications Terminal integration and testing.
- 5 years or more experience in Communications Test equipment. (ie. Signal Generators, Spectrum analyzers, Noise generators, satellite simulators, Power meters, PER testing)
- 5 years or more experience with satellite modem technology, operations, and testing.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS-Teams, Outlook
- Current U.S. SECRET clearance required (IT-I).