Senior SATCOM Engineer/Liaison
El Segundo, CA
Senior SATCOM Engineer serving as the SME and primary action officer between SMC and PM Tactical Network. PM Tactical Network requires a TMD Army Liaison to perform critical functions in support of PdM SATCOM’s Wideband Communications program office and the Protected SATCOM section. This support includes monitoring, coordinating, advising, and assisting PdM SATCOM in protecting Army interests in support of protected SATCOM programs (PATS, PTES, PTW, PTS, A3M, FMI).
- Top Secret Clearance
- Serve as a SATCOM Engineer/Liaison to serve as the SME and primary action officer between SMC and PM Tactical Network.
- SATCOM Engineer/Liaison responsible for coordinating MOU/MOA between organizations in support of PdM SATCOM program mission objectives.
- Maintain strong programmatic and technical relationships with other service military SATCOM stakeholders
- Assist with representation of Army requirements ensuring synchronization, capture, consolidation, and advocacy of programmatic and technical positions of Army SATCOM terminal and system requirements.
- Provide an experienced protected and wideband MILSATCOM systems engineering analyst to provide Army requirements, programmatic, and SATCOM specific technical liaison support to the SMC.
- Monitor all development, acquisition, fielding, and sustainment support for military space systems and their impact on Army SATCOM requirements, current operational terminals and products, and the overall impact to the Unified Tactical Network as part of ITN.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and participate in IPTs and Working Groups that address the design/development, production, integration, and certification of SATCOM terminals.
- Facilitate/develop/present resolution of issues related to terminal integration.
- Independent problem solving with a variety of systems engineering abilities, including knowledge and experience in requirements development, verification, and test.
- Ability to work effectively with customers and program stakeholders and have robust written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills and customer relationship skills
- Must be an independent problem solver, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be able to quickly adapt to emerging requirements and changing priorities.
Experience & Education:
- Ph.D. and 3 years applicable experience, or Master’s Degree and 6 years applicable experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years applicable experience
- Protected MILSATCOM program experience, such as on Milstar, Advanced EHF or Enhanced Polar System
- SATCOM terminal design, development, production, integration & test, and/or certification experience