Senior System Administrator
Fort Gordon, GA
The Senior System Administrator serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. The Senior System Administrator will support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software cybersecurity problems pertaining to the experimentation environment.
Senior System Administrator RHN-E requirements:
- Security Clearance: obtain and maintain TS with SCI eligibility.
- IAWF / CSWF: DoD 8570.01 / DoD 8140 IAT Level II.
- Certification & Training, Baseline, day 1: IAT Level II, per DISA at https://cyber.mil.
- Certification & Training, CE, day 1: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server; CompTIA Server+; or equivalent approved by the CBL CO
- Certification & Training, CE, within 6 months: (1) either VMWare certification VCPSDCV; or Udemy training certification VMware ESX and VSphere Admin Tutorial; or ITU training certification VMware vSphere VCP 5.5; (2) HBSS 201 training approved by the CBL IAM or COR; (3) HBSS 301 training approved by the CBL IAM or COR; and (4) ACAS training approved by the CBL IAM or COR.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent administrating networks and systems, worked directly in the career field during five (5) of the preceding eight (8) years
- Proficiencies: possess advanced IT administrator skills in remote administration, remote desktop, Group Policy Object (GPO) management, system backup and recovery, and monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization; possess advanced skills in datacenter management, Cloud Services, virtualization, storage area networks (SANs), data/system backups, and asset management; expert remote troubleshooting and customer service skills; skill in managing & operating vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS) and host-based security tools (e.g. HBSS).
Position Responsibilities and Expected Duties:
- Configure internal systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Upgrade the network infrastructure.
- Install servers, devices and firewalls.
- Train new system users and set up their accounts.
- Monitor the performance of servers, software and hardware.
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
- Data Center Operations
- Web Site and Database Support
- Backup and Recovery Operations
- Network Monitoring and Server Room Operations
- Cybersecurity Support
- Application Support Operation
- Application Support Testing and Release Management
- Application Support SQL Design and Maintenance
- Working knowledge of Red Hat/Linux
- Working knowledge of Virtualized Environments
- Is responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls.
- Is responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Manages user accounts and assets, and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy.
- Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
- Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different branches.
- Mentors team members and educates users
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"