IT Support Specialist
Fort Rucker, AL
JANUS is actively looking to hire a cleared IT Support Specialist to join our team at Fort Rucker, AL. This role will provide essential IT support to Active Duty, Active Guard Reserve, and National Guard student members through issuing and troubleshooting class devices, training on proper usage, and validating network access.
- Installation, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair hardware and operating systems troubleshooting support.
- Includes software support from key vendors (Microsoft, Office 365, Adobe, etc.).
- Will ensure the proper team (Server, Network, Telecom, and Messaging) is aware of, and acting on any problem causing desk side issues.
- Adherence to established Company-IT support processes and service procedures.
- Will ensure Company-IT policies are being followed on supported devices.
- Responsible for asset and inventory tracking for all Company/Client equipment on site.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers of configuration and environmental factors which may impact product and system performance.
- Responsible for issue tracking and resolution of tickets within the client SLA. Must manage ticket workflow and obtain/maintain high client satisfaction Ratings.
- Participate in corporate projects as assigned.
- Will act as liaison to the IT organization.
- Support student onboarding by validating student network access.
- Ensure all requirements are met by the student while in processing to allow for network access.
- Provide direct, indirect, logical, and physical support for all Student IT devices to include but not limited to: HD replacement, RAM upgrades, system convergence, troubleshooting, software updates, hardware update, and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshooting student devices when faults are encountered.
- Document all faults encountered and remediation of faults.
- Monitor the local ticketing system continuously during hours of operation and complete/close-out the tickets within the system.
- Monitor the helpdesk phones during business hours and submit tickets on the behalf of the caller.
- Issue IT equipment to student classes and train the class on proper usage.
- Patch and keep machines updated with the most up-to-date patches.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have current Security+ CE Certification (IAT Level II).
- 2-4 years of experience working in a corporate business office.
End to end tablet support, such as Microsoft Surface, iPad, and Android devices.
Technical knowledge of the supported platforms as well as a working knowledge of hardware.
- Strong client communication skills will need to be able to support executives through general end-users.
- Win7/Win10 OS support, Office 2016 Support, Email flow support from Microsoft O365 to all Client provided devices.
- Demonstrate problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software issues through the effective use of available technical resources or IT Vendor provided role.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"