Director of Proposal Management
The Director of Proposal Management is primarily responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing the timely development and delivery of high-quality responses to business opportunities, from pre-RFP to post-submission activities, in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the Director of Proposal Management will assist in business development activities including opportunity identification, qualification, and capture planning. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, able to see the big picture without overlooking the details, fosters a positive and responsive team environment, and can quickly adjust to dynamic proposal development schedules and requirements.
- Manage the successful development of compliant, competitive, cogent, and compelling proposals through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, corporate partners, consultants, and supporting vendors.
- Manages a team of proposal managers, coordinators, and writers and assumes responsibility for assembling required resources/skills to develop proposal content.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages proposal managers, coordinators and writers as direct reports, assuming responsibility for their training, development, assignments and work quality.
- Directs the writing and/or coordination of proposal and follow-up responses that promote JANUS capabilities and advance its strategic imperatives.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership, product knowledge and project management skills to complete or review complex proposals, ensuring that non-standard requirements are properly identified and approved
- Develops key sections of proposals to support the team, particularly on more challenging opportunities.
- Prepares or leads preparation of well-positioned and clearly articulated technical, management, and/or other of proposal responses as needed, enabling capture resources to demonstrate understanding of information gained through discovery process and Company/product differentiators.
- Improves the JANUS proposal knowledgebase, ensuring comprehensiveness, high quality of writing, consistency of content, and ease of use by team members to drive both efficiency and excellence in proposal responses
- Ensures that the proposal process is working efficiently or recommends modifications to the process.
- Assists with other ad hoc duties/projects as requested.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
- U.S. military experience or Defense/Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Active DoD security clearance preferred
- Travel required as needed to support business development and proposal objectives (e.g., customer engagements, pre-solicitation conferences). Anticipated travel < 25%.
- Expert level skill in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, required
- Expert level skill in Adobe Acrobat preferred
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preferential consideration offered to graduates in communications or technical fields
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"