Contracts & Procurement Specialist
The Contracts & Procurement Specialist will assist in managing and coordinating activities involved in the administration of all contracts and subcontracts in accordance with Federal Regulations, company policies and procedures, and appropriate standard business practices. This position reports to the Senior Director of Contracts and Pricing and routinely interacts with members of the executive team. The Contracts & Procurement Specialist will be responsible for administration of a variety of contracts and subcontracts to include Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), Cost-Plus-Award-Fee (CPAF), Time-and-Materials (T&M), Indefinite Delivery - Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ).
General Description of Duties:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of contract and subcontract administration, from Non-Disclosure Agreements/Teaming Agreements, proposal preparation and submission, negotiation and contract award, contract administration, subcontracting (procurement), and closeout.
- Responsible for the management of specific prime contracts and/or subcontracts/ task orders assigned where JANUS is the Prime and/or Subcontractor. Review and execute contracts with government agencies and prime contractors. Review contractual documents and agreements with utmost accuracy, to include Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements, necessary to complete government/commercial transactions, evaluate the terms and conditions of contracts to make sure they abide by the policies of JANUS, and monitor the performances of all parties joined in contracts to ensure that they are meeting the obligations.
- Review and/or prepare as needed modifications to existing contracts and subcontracts to include updating spend plans, forecasting incremental funding for contractors, management of subcontract modifications, etc.
- Ensure compliance and completion of annual reporting required for FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), and other contractual requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of requirements of contracts, i.e., contract specific reporting, FAR clause updates, flow downs to subcontractors, and entry of data into the Deltek Costpoint platform.
- Provide knowledge of the federal government procurement process and contractual award schedule with the ability to analyze a variety of requirements involved in proposals to ensure compliance of contracts.
- Communicate closely with prime contractors, JANUS subcontractors, and JANUS corporate personnel to ensure that JANUS complies with federal regulations and solicitation requirements.
- Participate as an active Teammate in the development and implementation of newly established procedures and guidelines. Assisting in training and development of such documents as required.
- Assist, advise and support internal customers on interpretation of contractual/subcontract documents, best practices, rights and obligations.
- Create and provide monthly contract, procurement, and pricing activities for inclusion in Corporate and Business Unit Reviews.
- May assist as required in Proposal Activities (development and management of Department related Volumes) to include Pricing.
- Assist Corporate Staff as requested for Direct and Indirect Procurement activities.
- Perform departmental and organizational tasks as requested by the Sr. Director, Contracts & Pricing.
Experience and Education:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in a business or relevant technical field.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong writing ability and strong analytic capability are required.
- Experience executing, or administrating DoD contracts preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Contracting and/or Purchasing fields with demonstrated application and interpretation of FAR, DFAR, CAS and DCAA rules and regulations and the development, negotiation and administration of high-dollar, multi-year, complex contracts, GSA Schedules, and subcontracts is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Contractor Purchasing System requirements and audit experience (CPSR) is preferred.
- Experience with Proposal Pricing is preferred.
- Experience with Costpoint is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, Pricing and/or Project Controls is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and meet eligibility requirements.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"