Cyber Warfare Analyst
Fort Gordon, GA
The Cyber Warfare Analyst as part of the Cyber Battle Lab Experimentation Branch, will be responsible for designing, planning, and leading a task organized team of individuals in the design, development and execution of experimentation events oriented on Cyberspace Operations and Information Advantage.
The Cyber Warfare Analyst will engage with external stakeholders from the Cyber Center’s Capability Development and Integration Directorate (CDID) to gain an understanding of desired learning demands, and design an experiment that enables answering the learning demands with tangible objective data gleaned through experimentation events.
Responsibilities and Expected Duties:
- Integrate concept and capability development objectives with learning through wargames, live, prototype and concept experiments, Army evaluations, studies, S&T events, and other venues for learning.
- Lead, direct, and manage a team of individuals oriented on assigned experimentation events.
- Facilitate/direct the development of the cyberspace aspects of the experimentation environment
- Utilize simulations to create synthetic environments for the experimentation of extant and emerging cyberspace concepts.
- Develop the Data Collection Management Plan (DCMP) that reflects alignment of the learning demands with the respective experimentation venue and the means for collecting data that will inform the concept or capability being developed.
- Assist in the design of data sets representing military forces, platforms, capabilities, oriented in cyberspace for use in models and simulations.
- Incorporate model and simulation capabilities and data requirements into experiment analysis plans and Data Collection Management Plans.
- Conduct analysis of model and simulation output data and incorporate the analytical results into reports and briefings.
- Research current and future cyberspace capabilities and force structures and determine how best to represent them within the modeling and simulation environment and integrate the same into experimentation.
- Perform technical development and consultant activities, coordinating between cyberspace engineers and military personnel to develop and deliver highly complex scenario simulations.
- Demonstrated technical planning experience specific to cyberspace operations.
- Security Clearance: Current Department of Defense Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience planning events, experiments, operations, and integrating cross functional teams to execute the planned activities.
- Certification & Training, CE, day 1: BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution. Coursework shall include computer programming (e.g., Fundamentals of Programming, Computer Forensics) and coding (e.g., C, C++, Python, Java). Equivalent job experience will be considered.
- Experience: 5 – 10 years prior military experience and/or significant civilian occupational experience in Cyber Warfare including, but not exclusively, computer programming, software design, cyber security (defensive or offensive), and cyber forensics,
- Proficiencies: CISSP, Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), GIAC Enterprise Defender (GCED), GIAC Information Security Professional (GISP).
Experience and Education
- Prior work experience in the targeted MOS’: AOC 17A, 170A, Cyber Operations Officer and Warrant Officer; MOS 17C Cyber Operations Specialist; FA 30A – IO Officer; FA 37A – Psyops Officer.
- Well-versed in tactics, techniques, and procedures for performing cyberspace and operations and Information Operations to deliver effects.
- Understands friendly and adversary cyberspace capabilities, objectives, organizations, and/or operations, as well as, the broader aspects of Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) and Unified Land Operations (ULO).
- Understanding of how the CEMA Sections integrate, and synchronize cyberspace and EW operations with other lethal and nonlethal actions to enable commanders to mass effects and gain advantages in the cyberspace domain, EMS, and across other domains.
- Experience and understanding of Army force structure and force modernization efforts.
- Familiar with Joint cyberspace capabilities.
- Willingness for self-study to understand emerging areas such as Information Advantage and the five pillars of information advantage: enable decision-making, protect friendly information, inform and educate domestic audiences, inform and influence international audiences, and conduct information warfare.
- Familiar with the intel enterprise, how intelligence drives operations and facilities operations.
- Experience with tactical, operational and/or strategic planning or operating doctrine such as Troop Leading Procedures, the Military Decision Making Process, the Joint Operations Process, Decisive Action or Multi-Domain Operations.
- Must be able to work in a small team where each member is responsible for the design, development, testing, and validation of their assigned components.
- Possess advanced writing and presentation speaking skills.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"