Subject Matter Expert - NETMOD TRIK & EMC
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The candidate will maintain responsibility for serving as a TRIK and EMC Subject Matter Expert. Provide expertise during all phases of a given project. Provide assistance with all aspects of the program, including site surveys, NMIBs (New Material In-Brief), IPRs (In-Progress Review), and installation of HW (Hardware) or SW (Software), IA (Information Assurance), and FOC (Full Operational Capability) activities.
Duties: Serve as Senior System Engineer and Technical Assistant (SETA) SME to the PdM NetMod Assistant Program Manager for Specialized Mission Support. Directly responsible for implementing the planning and executing of software/hardware integration activities for the TRIKs and EMC programs IAW the direction from the APM. Monitor hardware, software, and network engineering teams per scheduled, and Ad-hoc TRIK and EMC fielding missions to enable lower tier network connection for Secure But Unclassified network traffic into the Tactical Network.
- 8+ years of experience with IT project management or systems engineering in a professional work environment
- Experience with 802.1x theory
- Experience with fielding Army systems
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen to obtain and maintain an interim and final DoD Secret security clearance
- BA or BS degree or 6 years of experience with leading large projects
- Understanding of the Transport layer of the Open Systems Interconnection Model (OSI)
- Understanding of the Network layer of the Open Systems Interconnection Model (OSI)
- Understanding of network encryption both from a hardware and virtual perspective
- Understanding of software policy management
- Ability to support complex acquisition problem solving with consideration to Cost, Schedule, Performance, and Risk
- Knowledge of PRC Tactical Radio FoS (Family of Systems)
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Beyond Line of Sight Communications
- Knowledge of Line of Sight Communications
- Knowledge of Mobile Ad hoc Networking
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"