Electronics Engineer / Secure Wireless Communications Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Communications Engineer needed to support the Secure Wireless program. Must be familiar with the Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program and architecture.
- Supports PdM Network Modernization (PdM NetMod) with Documentation and Software configuration management between up to three different Secure Wireless baselines.
- Supports ongoing fielding efforts with direct phone and e-mail support to the Field Support Engineering team.
- Validate quarterly release updates from PDSS efforts.
- Works on development efforts with Secure Wireless engineering team.
- Tests new and emerging technologies and software for inclusion into the Secure Wireless baseline.
- Engineer a test network, write test plans and test threads for performance testing.
- Provides train the trainer instruction. Creates network diagrams using MS Visio.
- Step by step documentation of procedures (DTPs) Network and Client access troubleshooting using error messages and logs.
- Has a background in WIN-T or Tactical Network Configuration Items (CIs) and Architecture.
- Needs a cross functional basis of knowledge on Signal Modernization products including DIRECT and 4G efforts.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Expertise in static routing and virtualized environments
- Cisco IOS and Networking
- Aruba OS and Wireless Networking
- Palo Alto Networks OS
- Windows Server and Windows 10
- Network security configuration expertise to include VPN, IPSec, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Certificate Authorities, Firewalls, and Active Directory
- NetOps Tools including but not limited to: PacStar IQ Core, Solarwinds, Splunk, SNMPc
- Clearance: DoD Secret
Experience and Education:
- BA or BS degree is desired.