System Engineer - NETMOD
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Overall System Engineering responsibility for the contractor’s architecture. Involve understanding all user requirements, architecture compliance, key elements, issues and mechanical aspects of Tactical Networks. Knowledge and understanding of current force/future C4ISR networks.
- Provide guidance and direction to the subject working group leads to ensure synchronization and technical focus.
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Review Government performance work statements and contractor proposals for technical accuracy and to ensure requirements are met.
- Knowledge of DODAF, Integrated Support Plan (ISP) and Support Engineering Plan (SEP). Strong Visio, BPT and presentation skills
- Coordinate technology insertion efforts. Analyze industry trends and emerging technology application to the program baseline. Interface regularly with industry partners to ensure the prime contractor is providing the most advanced technology to the Warfighter.
- Coordinate with other programs, internal and external to PEO-C3T to ensure interoperability with the Tactical Network product baselines.
- Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems. Responsible for the engineering design, installation, operation and maintenance of the Tactical Network product lines.
- Support technical tasks in the integration of C4ISR products, engineering and technical documentation and assistance in the development of technical requirements, specifications, plans and reports, software/hardware engineering, preparation of independent assessments, systems engineering, technical expertise at fielding locations, test and evaluation, architectural/interoperability support, and quality engineering.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
Position Overview: Serve as a System Engineer in support of PM Tactical Network
- Skills in MS Office Tools, data management, data analysis, data standards, data schemas, data ontologies, strong verbal and written communications
- Expertise in Network Operations Convergence technical design, design methodologies, project, and process
- Computer Engineering / Computer Scientist
- Communications Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Experienced with Holding Meetings
- Software / Hardware Architecture Development
- Experienced with DoD System Engineering Documentation Experience (e.g., ICDs, SE Plan, Test Plan, DoDAF Architectures, etc.)
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholder organizations in a Working Group / WIPT environment a must
- Technical experience in designing and implementing Enterprise Service applications in a DIL environment
- Travel required: 25%
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Experience and Education:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related technical experience is required.