Ft. Benning, GA
***Contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group is seeking highly qualified Capability Developers to provide experienced capability developer support at Capabilities Development and Integration Directorate (MCDID), Soldier Requirements Division (SRD), Lethality Branch (LB), at Ft Benning, GA.
Applicants must have extensive knowledge of Small Arms Capabilities, Tasks, Standards, and Priority Gaps based on the Soldier as a System Initial Capabilities Document, Small Arms Capabilities Based Assessment, and Soldier Lethality Initial Capabilities Document; the Science and Technology Funding Process and Budget Categories and the nine Technology Readiness Levels for programs under development; of Materiel Developers charge of program cost, schedule, and performance objectives for the total life cycle; US Army protocol, Army Writing and for Memorandums, Information Papers, White Papers, and briefings and strong (executive level and technical) verbal, writing and team building skills with extensive knowledge of computers and associated software to include all Microsoft Office programs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Capability Developer Level 1 Qualification.
- Served as a leader with combat arms military experience, with a minimum of six (6) years of active-duty service in combat arms or special operation units.
- Proven extensive knowledge (minimum 4 years) experience with equipment, enabler, weapon, or ammunition of assigned task area.
- Served as member of small teams or units to complete assigned tasks or objectives.
- Firsthand expert knowledge of previous (within the last 15 years) and current DoD weapons, ammunition, and enablers.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and implement weapons and enabler capabilities-based programs that support the acquisition of a variety of material solutions for combat arms forces.
- In-depth knowledge of current and future weapon systems, to include, but not limited to, doctrine, tactics, and techniques of employment. The employee must contribute to Integrated Concept/Product Teams (ICT/IPT) with relevant weapons and enabler information to guide the development of upgraded and new technologies, including, but not limited to, future combat arms equipment or weapons systems required capabilities, fielding plans, and new employment or doctrinal concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of current and evolving organizational structures is desired, as well as an understanding of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) documentation system.
- Proven ability to develop Initial Capability Documents (ICD), Capability Developments Documents (CDD), and annex updates for upgrades and incremental technology improvements, monitoring and maintaining funding during Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation (RDT&E) as well as procurement phases. Assists Department of Army (DA) and Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) in the development of issue sheets for Front End Analyses, Doctrine and Tactics, Organization, Training, Material, Leadership and Education, Personnel, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) analysis, Basis of Issue Plans (BOIP), Cost and Operational Effectiveness Analysis (COEAs), and modeling efforts and simulation in the support of capability development programs, Functional Area Analysis (FAA), the Functional Needs Analysis (FNA), and the Functional Solution Analysis (FSA), Capabilities Based Assessment (CBA), Analysis of Alternatives (AOA), Cost-Benefit Analysis (C-BA), Analysis Sufficiency Determination, and Operational Mode Summary/Mission Profile (OMS/MP). Assist in the development and staffing of Failure Definition Scoring Criteria (FDSC), Test and Evaluation Master Plans, Test Incident Reports (TIRs) and Materiel/Engineer Change Proposals.
- Proven ability to prepare and deliver technology technical and status briefings (oral and written) to senior leaders, up to the Secretary of the Army, for United States (U.S.) forces, Allied and foreign armed services, U.S. Military and Defense Industry technological developments affecting combat arms systems, weapons, equipment, clothing, and vehicles. Conducts review and analysis of foreign and domestic documents to identify materiel concepts and technologies which have application in the U.S. Army or should logically be represented bilaterally or multilaterally in an international forum.
- Proven ability to coordinate, consolidate and review MCDID written document submissions. Responsible for developing and making recommendations and MCDID positions on product improvements for assigned combat arms materiel systems.
Experience and Education
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"