Assistant Field Applications Engineer
Various, Preferred- Louisville, KY
Specific responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
Extensive travel will be required; up to 5 months of travel per year (typically less than 2 months at a time). Set-up, operate, and conduct diagnostic repairs of the LINUX tracking infrastructure, data collection and playback systems. Provide general desktop, internet, and other IT support as required.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred. One to three years of experience troubleshooting and maintaining the readiness of FlexTrain systems and Linux workstations.
- Two years of military experience within the communications career field (US Army MOS 25B or USMC MOS 0651) preferred.
- Possesses a wide range of systems networking knowledge across radio networks, computer networks and audio/video hardware and software.
- Prior military service is desired.
- Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication, with strong attention to detail and an ability to interact effectively with people of varying technical abilities (engineers, technicians, and military personnel).
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic and strong leadership skills.
- Computer and networking diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Linux command line and programming experience is a plus.
- Documentation and technical writing skills.
- Able to function at a high-level in high-pressure environments.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"