Network Operations Center (NOC) Chief
Specific responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
Extensive travel will be required; up to 5 months of travel per year (typically less than 2 months at a time). Manage the recruiting, hiring, and training of, temporary personnel for staffing of various technically-oriented disciplines. Participate in the planning and execution of 2-4 annual training exercises including attending planning conferences.
Support site surveys and field tests at associated operational locations
Build a comprehensive Communications Plan, Signal Operating Instructions (SOl), and network plan for each field exercise. Support field operations for communications, network infrastructure, and network operations center throughout the duration of a given field exercise. Install, configure, maintain, and recover the field communications system to include: RF communications equipment (with emphasis on VHF and UHF LMR, to include handhelds, base stations, repeaters, VoiP and associated support accessories).
Design, install, configure, maintain, and recover the in-field IT /network equipment to include: wireless point to point links, managed switches, Ethernet cable, fiber optic cable and fiber media converters. Lead and manage a team that can be able to layout, install, configure, maintain and recover RF communications equipment and IT/network equipment. Manage off season maintenance plan for systems. Repair or replace broken components, produce documentation, pursue improved methods of system operation and maintenance.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
Experience and Education:
- Secret Clearance
- BS in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM disciplines) or significant professional experience working with network configuration, RF propagation and general network operations and combined with CompTIA and/or Cisco certifications.
- 2+ years’ experience in VHF and/or UHF Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems.
- 2+ years’ experience in IP based networks to include work with wireless point-to-point links and managed switches.
- 2+ years’ experience with Network Operations.
- Prior military service is desired.
- Management experience is desired.
- Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication, with strong attention to detail and an ability to interact effectively with people of varying technical abilities (engineers, technicians, and military personnel).
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic and strong leadership skills.
- Computer and networking diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Linux command line and programming experience is a plus.
- Documentation and technical writing skills.
- Able to function at a high-level in high-pressure environments.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"