JANUS Research Group is seeking Software Engineers and Programmers with research, development, and testing experience in Orlando Florida. This candidate will be responsible for developing applications for large military simulations. Developed software that provides the basis for highly available, reliable, and scalable software applications.
Your Future Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates use cases and performs object-oriented analysis and design with close interaction with customer and domain experts.
- Develops testing routines and/or procedures.
- Creates flowcharts and other documentations to identify requirements for software and to propose possible solutions.
- Coordinates with hardware engineers and other staff to forecast whether the design will be feasible under cost and time constraints.
- Adheres to strict CMMI quality procedures to ensure first time quality in delivered products.
- Performs software requirements analysis and may lead subsystem level development teams.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the software development process.
- May lead small development teams in terms of task breakdown, progress tracking, and technical issue resolution to ensure product success.
- Provides technical support for software maintenance or use.
- Communicates with customers and clients to establish maintenance procedures for software systems.
- Domestic and International travel to Military Installations may be required.
- Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Currently holds at a minimum a DoD Secret clearance.
Experience and Education
- Prefer experience with constructive M&S software.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working with service-based architectures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Junit or protractor for dev testing.
- Preferred experience with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or TSP.
- Experience using Relational Database Management Systems such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle.
- Experience using an IDE such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse.
- Experience using a source code repository such as BitBucket, Mercurial, GIT, or Subversion.
- Experience using a defect management system such as Bugzilla, JIRA, or Fogbugz.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Experience in computer simulation, enterprise architectures, advanced networking techniques and protocols, data bases, high-order programming languages, and operating systems with establishing technology product specifications.
- Experience with continuous improvement of software development process; and performance of root cause analysis.
- Experience creating cloud based highly distributed product delivery environments and defining the technical architecture for the application migration to cloud.
- Extensive knowledge of standard programming algorithms, design patterns, and object oriented software design in:
- Ceating and modifying applications by converting software requirements into code.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in different software languages.
- Analyzing software code, risks, and reliability.
- Writing new program codes using prescribed specifications.
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and implementing solutions using software design patterns, style guides, and best practices.
- Writing code to implement functionality and perform full testing cycles.
- Collaborating with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing of new software programs and applications.
- Performing detail analysis of design, implementation, and derived code to ensure sufficient accuracy, validity, safety, and fidelity exists.
- Understanding of FOMs (Federation Object Models).
- Experience writing Python Scripts.
- Experience using OpenGL or WebGL.
- Agile Certifications.
- DevOps Certifications.
- Cloud Certifications.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"