J39 Information Operations (IO)/Military Deception (MILDEC) Planner
***This position is contingent upon award***
- Support MILDEC planning, synchronization, and execution.
- Conduct research, analysis, and planning to integrate MILDEC into plans/operations.
- Coordinate with other information related capabilities (IRCs), Special technical Operations capabilities, and other compartmented capabilities to support development of plans, targets, and CONOPs supporting planning and execution efforts.
- Coordinate planning activities with the Special Technical Operations (STO)/SAP planner at SOCCENT to achieve desired effects as applicable to MILDEC efforts.
- Provide expert MILDEC assessments, strategies, recommendations, far reaching experience, expertise, and unconstrained thinking in the development of MILDEC strategies, plans, and activities to support the SOCCENT Commander.
- Provide MILDEC planning expertise and options in support of Operations Security (OPSEC).
- Integrate various command elements (to include lower echelon units, service components, and cyberspace community entities) into planning to ensure cyber expertise, as necessary and to deconflict and synchronize with other planning efforts (i.e. MISO, MILDEC, and Influence Operations).
- Participate in VTCs and long-range, strategic planning efforts within USSOCOM and other DoD, IA, and non-government Cyber Operations (CO), MISO, MILDEC Operations, and Influence Operations participants. This shall include course of action (COA) development, analysis, documentation, vetting, and presentation.
- Draft, coordinate, and document CO, MISO, MILDEC, and Cyber Enabled Influence Operations strategies, plans, and planning documents.
- Provide iterative, written and oral inputs and recommendations, via briefings and point papers/talking points, for the development and refinement of SOCCENT CO, MISO, MILDEC and other Influence Operations objectives, priorities, strategies, plans, and planning documents.
- Utilize knowledge of joint doctrine and joint planning concepts, to include the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) and Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) process. Apply operational art and operational design in the application of JOPP.
- Utilize knowledge of joint military operations, including command and control (C2) processes and the military decision-making process.
- Translate, both orally and in writing, technical content and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) found in proposed COAs, OPLANs, and CONPLANs into high-level briefs, point papers, and talking papers.
- Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity that may be accessed by all stakeholders.
- May perform travel CONUS/OCONUS (TDY status, attend conferences, planning efforts, OPTs with appropriate clearance levels, and exercises) as required and remain fully qualified and current with all specified / required training.
- Experience with Special Technical Operations (STO), Cyber Operations (CYBER), Military Information Support Operations (MISO) and/or Military Deception Operations (MILDEC) review and approval process.
- Knowledge of Joint Planning processes (JOPES; APEX) and Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP).
- Completed one two-week MILDEC training course (Joint MILDEC Training Course (JMTC) or SOF MILDEC Course).
- At least 1 previous MILDEC operational assignment at a Theater Special Operations Command or SOF Joint Task Force.
- CENTCOM AOR operational experience in the past 5 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings.
- Experience with the application of project management concepts and methodologies.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) degree.
- Former O-4 / O-5 level military experience.
- 10+ years’ combined experience in Military Deception Planning to include: planning, targeting, synchronizing and assessing MILDEC requirements within full-spectrum IO operations. Developing and integrating MILDEC requirements within campaign strategy, plans, and orders.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"