J9 Information Operations (IO) Planner/ SME Directorate Task Lead
***This position is contingent upon award***
- Serve as a senior Information Operations (IO) planner and subject matter expert.
- Support IO planning, synchronization, and execution.
- Conduct research, analysis, and planning to integrate information related capabilities (IRCs) and effects into plans/operations.
- Coordinate with interagency and intelligence community to support development of plans, targets, and Concepts of Operations (CONOPs) supporting planning and execution efforts.
- Integrate various command elements (to include lower echelon units, service components, and cyberspace community entities) into planning to ensure cyber expertise, as necessary and to deconflict and synchronize with other planning efforts (i.e., Military Information Support Operations (MISO), Military Deception (MILDEC), and Influence Operations).
- Participate in Video Teleconferences (VTCs) and long-range, strategic planning efforts within USSOCOM and other DoD, Interagency (IA), and non-government Cyber Operations (CO), MISO, MILDEC Operations, and Influence Operations participants. This shall include course of action (COA) development, analysis, documentation, vetting, and presentation.
- Draft, coordinate, and document CO, MISO, MILDEC, and Cyber Enabled Influence Operations strategies, plans, and planning documents.
- Provide iterative, written and oral inputs and recommendations, via briefings and point papers/talking points, for the development and refinement of SOCCENT CO, MISO, MILDEC and other Influence Operations objectives, priorities, strategies, plans, and planning documents.
- Utilize knowledge of joint doctrine and joint planning concepts, to include the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) and Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) process. Apply operational art and operational design in the application of JOPP.
- Utilize knowledge of joint military operations, including command and control (C2) processes and the military decision-making process.
- Translate, both orally and in writing, technical content and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) found in proposed COAs, OPLANs, and CONPLANs into high-level briefs, point papers, and talking papers.
- Draft plans and facilitate the execution of CO, MISO, and MILDEC operations. Apply senior-level experience and knowledge in CO, MISO, and MILDEC operational planning and execution to develop recommendations concerning issues and problems facing SOCCENT, its subordinate entities, and external CO enterprises.
- Draft CONOPS, concept plans, operations orders, operations plans, fragmentary orders, execution orders, exercise directives, joint planning products, standard operating procedures, implementation plans, requirements definition and analysis, cyberspace operations TTPs, assessments, and other exercise or planning related products.
- Monitor and review strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and instructions from higher echelon headquarters and make recommendations to the Government to ensure compliance and consideration in planning efforts.
- Create and maintain a database of CO, MISO, and MILDEC operations and CO, MISO, and MILDEC exercise planning TTPs, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations concerning operational requirements for intelligence products that support SOF cyberspace operations and inform intelligence-resourcing decisions.
- The IO SME position is considered Key Personnel.
- Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity that may be accessed by all stakeholders.
- May perform travel CONUS/OCONUS (TDY status, attend conferences, planning efforts, OPTs with appropriate clearance levels, and exercises) as required and remain fully qualified and current with all specified / required training.
- Knowledge of Joint Planning processes (JOPES; APEX) and Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP).
- CENTCOM AOR operational experience in the past 5 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings.
- Experience with the application of project management concepts and methodologies.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) degree.
- Former O5 and or GS-14 / Step 5 or higher equivalency.
- 10+ years’ experience in IO Planning to include: Former FA30 (Army Information Operations Officer), or Marine Corps Information Operations Command (MCIOC), or Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC) planner.
- Completion of the Joint Information Operations Planners Course (JIOPC).
- 5+ years’ combatant command or a joint staff providing planning support and/or intelligence management for cyberspace or information operations (MISO, MILDEC, and Influence Operations) for strategic, operational, or tactical level operations and exercises.
- 3+ years in one or more of the following areas: Special Technical Operations (STO), Military Information Support Operations (MISO), Electronic Warfare (EW), Operations Security (OPSEC), and/or Military Deception (MILDEC).
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"