Terrain Database Developer
Fort Sill, OK
***This position is contingent upon approval***
JANUS Research Group is seeking a highly qualified and professional Terrain Database Developer to support the of establishment of the technical network and simulations environment for the Fires Battle Lab experiments, demonstration, analysis and training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
Responsibilities include: Developing rapid correlated visual, sensor, semi-automated forces/computer generated forces, maps, and analytical three-dimensional (3D) databases for, operational uses, and advanced concepts experiments and demonstrations. This shall include the acquisition of existing terrain databases, the modifications and or re-formats of existing terrain databases to meet simulation- specific requirements; develop/maintain proficient and working knowledge of a variety of standard terrain database formats, standard terrain data transformation algorithms, and terrain data development software tools; convert terrain data base formats using terrain development tools from Presagis (formerly known as Terrex); add 3D models or features such as buildings, trees, roads, etc., to terrain databases.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field and a minimum of 2- years directly related experience in visual database modeling/image generation development to support military constructive and virtual simulations using the Presagis software suite is required.
- Experience related to computer science, geological information systems, computer graphics, data structure, algorithm and database design, statistics, mathematics, physics. Two years of experience translating, manipulating, and working with various geographic information system formats and datasets.
- Two years of experience in content development for virtual and constructive simulation formats to include Virtual Battle Space 3 (VBS3), One Semi-automated Force (OneSAF), Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS), Fires Simulation XXI (FireSIM XXI) and the Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM).
- Two years of experience using Presagis Terra Vista to create models and terrain databases. Software development using Gamebryo game engine and Openflight application programming interface (API). Demonstrated experience of Windows scripting, relational databases, C++, Extensible Markup Language (XML), High Level Shader Language (HLSL), DirectX programming languages is also required.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of automatic data processing (ADP) equipment, and standard desktop publishing software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite). Works well unsupervised.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"