Simulation Software Programmer
Fort Sill, OK
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group is seeking a highly qualified and professional Simulation Software Programmer to support the of establishment of the technical network and simulations environment for the Fires Battle Lab experiments, demonstration, analysis and training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
Responsibilities include: Providing technical design and programming for enhancements to combat system capabilities, unit behaviors, terrain interactions, data post-processing, graphical user interface, etc., for the FireSim XXI software; provide written documentation of changes to source code, required to maintain FireSim XXI software; maintain proficient operator-level knowledge of Fires Simulations and Fires tactical systems to include AFATDS and FireSim XXI in order to provide operational support to the field for the following experiments and demonstrations: MFIX, GDEx, AFC and FCoE Experimentation Campaigns, Electric Fires and others; provide networking expertise in order to integrate and maintain FireSim XXI interoperability with tactical devices or other simulations in Distributed Interactive Simulation or High-Level Architecture experimentation, training and demonstration environments such as the BLCSE and JLCCTC-ERF; provide FireSim XXI technical support to experiments, exercises, fielding, and demonstrations conducted or supported by the Fires Battle Lab.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a Bachelor’s in Mathematics with a minor in Computer Science.
- Extensive training within the following subject areas: computer science, mathematics, statistics, object-oriented programming, data structures and/or algorithm design.
- Experience in abstracting complex problems into efficient, reusable, and robust software code. Experience with Agile software coding practices for code development and testing purposes especially within the realm of military simulations (scenarios, force structures, fire systems, sensor systems, munitions, etc.).
- Experience using software testing and configuration management practices.
- Experience applying advanced programming techniques to include, but not limited to, object-oriented design, advanced data structures and file structures, numerical algorithms, and data search and retrieval techniques. Experience integrating simulations into distributed simulation environments, especially within Distributed Interactive Simulations (DIS) architectures and High-Level Architecture (HLA) environments working with Federation Object Models (FOMs). Experience programming with object-oriented usage of C and C++ Programming Languages and demonstrated experience in usage of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with programming large software applications, especially within stochastic, event driven, entity-based simulations such as FireSim XXI
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of automatic data processing (ADP) equipment, and standard desktop publishing software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite). Works well unsupervised.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"