Operational Architect- Fires (CDID)
Fort Sill, OK
JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Operational Architect to support the Army’s Fires Capabilities Development and Integration Directorate (CDID) at FT Sill, OK. The Architect is the primary POC for architecture development and integration as the Army works to narrow capability gaps through user experimentation, assessments and technical demonstrations. This position aligns under the Architecture Integration and Management Division (AIMD), an element of the Futures Integration Directorate (FID) reporting to the Army Futures Command’s (AFC) Futures and Concepts Center.
- Identify and align requirements, derive system architecture and functional design, and identify associated risks to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply AFC/FCC’s strategy and outline systems architecture needed to support
- Consolidate current and planned future system architectures
- Configure and maintain architecture toolsets, integrate across Army Architecture portfolio
- Works closely with AIMD Data Stewards to maintain data dictionary and data lineage
- Complete initial and refresher employee training ensuring maintenance of qualifications
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
Experience and Education:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical architecture analysis into high quality documents and presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Experience with building DODAF compliant architectures in Magic Draw.
- Experience providing support to Capabilities Development Functional Data Managers requirements with regards to standards, policies, and data exchange specifications.
- Experience in developing standards, policy, and governance for the development, storage, and exchange of Army capabilities/force development data
- Experience coordinating with diverse Subject Matter Experts and staffs (e.g., TRADOC, the Department of the Army (DA) staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense (DoD), Army Centers of Excellence (CoE)/Capability Development Integration Directorates (CDIDs)
- Experience developing standards, policy, and governance for the development, storage, and exchange of Army capabilities/force development data
- Experience in building structured and Object Oriented Models.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and carrying out enterprise architecture projects
- Experience conducting analysis and experimentation in support of capabilities development activities
- Experience developing the Capabilities Development Data Management Plan (CDDMP) for AFC (formerly ARCIC), AIMD, CDIDs, and NAG Charter members
- UML and DoDAF experience and fully trained on the use of MagicDraw (architecture development tool).
- Anticipate 10-15% per year