***This position is contingent upon award***
System Architect, responsible for the development, integration, and configuration management of all architecture supporting all Army Futures Command (AFC) and its subordinate Cross-Functional Teams. The Systems Architect develops and maintains architecture products across the span of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
Systems architects serve at Army Futures Command Headquarters and on Cross-Functional Teams across the Army to provide expert support for the AFC element. Systems architect products provide data analytics that support senior leader decision making. Systems architects work individually and as members of Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to develop system interface architectures and standards.
Army Futures Command HQ, Austin, TX
Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Cross-Functional Team (CFT), Fort Sill, OK
Assured Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (APNT) CFT, Huntsville, AL
Long Range Precision Fires (LRPF) CFT, Fort Sill, OK
Next Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV) CFT, Warren, MI
Future Vertical Lift (FVL) CFT, Huntsville, AL
Soldier Lethality (SL) CFT, Fort Benning, GA
Network CFT (N-CFT), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Synthetic Training Environment (STE) CFT, Orlando, FL
- Familiarity with DoD Architecture and Frameworks (DoDAF) policy.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Familiarity with Architecture Development Tools MagicDraw, Cameo/Teamwork Server.
- Familiarity with common modelling standards and languages such as the Unified Profile for MODAF and DoDAF (UPDM), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modelling Language (SysML), and Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN).
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must already possess or be able to obtain/maintain a secret DoD clearance.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field such as engineering, etc. or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in Systems Architecture Projects or Systems Architecture Development.