***This position is contingent upon award***
Serves as the technical lead responsible for oversight of team members. Provides direction for innovation through unique, inventive, and multi-disciplinary approaches to systems architecture and product development. Supervises, develops, and maintains systems architecture and model-based systems engineering products. Manages and integrates engineering team workload.
Performs a variety of broad engineering tasks while providing supervision to less experienced engineers and systems architects. May supervise a team of engineers and systems architects through project completion and typically serves as the project or program manager for critical design teams. Will perform project planning and assist with design and programmatic decisions as part of an integrated product team.
The engineer/scientist shall be used in those requirements where an extremely high level of expertise is necessary to perform designated tasks. Duties shall be comparable to those of the senior engineer/scientist but at an advanced level of skill, requiring a higher level of experience and/or education.
- Principal Scientist must have received a science degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master's degree in engineering preferred.
- Experience with Magic Draw.
- Familiarity with DoD Architecture and Frameworks (DoDAF) policy.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Minimum Secret security clearance.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
Experience and Education:
- The Principal Engineer/Scientist shall have a Ph.D., MS or BS Degree in a recognized engineering or scientific discipline and 10 years (Ph.D.), 15 years (MS), or 20 years (BS) experience in complex weapon system engineering, design, analysis, performance or test and evaluation.
- The engineer/scientist must possess at least 2 years of managerial/supervisory experience sufficient to ensure positive direction of subordinates.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"